Chapter 27 Miraculous Switch (4)

Luka's view

I wait anxiously all day for Julieka to come home. I studied and played while I waited to fill in the time. I was graduating school this year and I wanted to get into the music course of my choice.

I was thankful for Marinette introducing me to Jagged Stone, my music career was really going forward as a result. Although I had this, I still wanted to be officially recognised too so I could teach music if my career faulted.

Julieka finally came home, and I went out to greet her.

"Hey Julieka, any news?"

"Hey Luka, yeah I have news, but it's confusing."

"What is it?"

"Marinette's schedule says that her soul-mate is herself and a second chance option is available. It does not mention you at all."

I could feel my face fall. If my name wasn't mention it would be harder for me again."

Julieka watched my face "I told her though. I told her that you were her second chance option. I hope that you don't mind."

I felt a smile grow back on my face "Thanks Julieka! I owe you." Giving my sister a hug, I disappear back into my room.

"You're welcome Luka" Julieka replied before going to her room.

Adrien's view

I wake up to face a new day. I look apologetically to Plagg "Sorry Plagg about yesterday."

"Its ok, heartbreak is hard. What is on your roster for today?"

I look at it puzzled.

900 to 300 school
300 to 500 serving in Dupain-Cheng Bakery
500 to 600 hang out with friends.
600 to 630 dinner
630 to 730 homework
730 to 900 free time
900 to home patrol

I was flabbergasted, what was the purpose of working in the bakery? Maybe it's to help learn cooking. At least I got to hang out with friends this time, not be begging to have that added.

I arrived at the bakery for my shift serving only to earn a puzzled look from Marinette's parents.

"Hi Adrien, Have you seen Marinette, she is supposed to be here to serve customers." Tom asked me.

"I have not seen Marinette, but I have it in my schedule to work here this afternoon. Is this ok?"

"Yes! We desperately need someone to look after the store while we prepare for the next week. Also its always busier Friday afternoons. Here I will show you what to do!" and Tom explained to me everything expected of me.

It was the most enjoyable, but hardest work I have ever done. Chloe came in and gave her simply ridiculous speech that I was working there for the Dupain-Cheng's bakery. When my shift was up I helped clean up and left to hang out with Nino, who happened to be with Alya. Alya commented that Marinette was flustered that she had on her schedule a modeling job which threw her for a six.

"Hey, Adrien, don't you normally model today?" Alya asked.

"Yes, normally, I don't know what Father was thinking changing me to work at the Dupain-Cheng's bakery." I exclaim "In fact, I don't understand him at all since Marinette's birthday. I have never been rostered time to hang with friends, yet the last two days I have been."

"Could Marinette's and your schedules be mixed up?" Nino asked.

"I have never heard of that happening before, have you?" I replied.