I Need To Know...

SCP-049's interview:

Doctor [REDACTED]: "How was today's procedure?"

SCP-049: "Another minion to the collection. They're taken from me and destroyed anyways, so it doesn't really matter."

Doctor [REDACTED]: "Well we can't have you creating an army any time soon now can we-"

SCP-049: But the prisoner from the other day... They were different.

Doctor [REDACTED], intrigued: "What do you mean by... "Different", Doctor?"

SCP-049:
Their hair adorned their face perfectly. Their hands covered their eyes to protect themselves from watching my little project unfolding in front of them. Their quivering figure, shaking like a leaf. They were scared, Doctor. They were scared, but not of me... No. They were scared of what was happening. They were innocent, free from the pestilence.

Doctor [REDACTED]: "Sounds like they could have been a great practice dummy."

SCP-049, irritated: "I couldn't kill a specimen like this."

Doctor [REDACTED]: "What about when you had to be subdued? You seemed like you were ready to kill them then-"

SCP-049 puts his hands into fists at [REDACTED]'s accusation. Then speaks: "I wanted to study them more. They're interesting, far beyond your closed mind's comprehension, Doctor... If that's what you call yourself at least. You're a joke, not even seeing what's in front of your very nose. Let me heal you. I know the cure! I am the cure! You can't see it yet, but you will! I can show you..."

He hesitates before talking again, as foundation personnel emits a lavender scent from a nearby misting machine, calming SCP-049 He then begins talking again. "After that I was unwilling to give into the researcher experiments until I was allowed to only experiment with the D-Class from the other day, and I was certain that they knew who I was talking about."

"They may be key to helping my studies."

"I need further experimentation."

"I need it."

SCP-096's POV:

Who are you?

You are weeping like me...

Why?

Who are you?

Will you hurt me?

I want to look... your face.

Your face.

I want to know.

Will you hurt?

Will you hurt me?

Please let me look. I want to look.

I'll let you look.

At my face.

Please.

Were you crying?

Please don't.

Please don't...

Where did you go?

Come back.

SCP-035

What the hell was that?

I don't think I've ever had that happen to me, usually I'd have someone to use and kill every week.

Too much self preservation? I know that can't be it.

Now I need to know why. Why would one person out of the hundreds I've killed, why would a single person be an exception?

I was difficult in further experimentation, not outright uncooperative but hard to study.

I tried to find a good enough body to properly communicate with them again. I need to know why they were different to others. Why they had so much 'self preservation'.

They had also said that they knew what I did to people.

The only ways to know that was if a researcher specifically told them what I had done, (Highly doubtful by the way) or they had been here and survived long enough to gather enough information about different SCPs, including myself.

Now I really needed to know who they were. If they knew their way around here, then I could possibly use that to my advantage.

That also meant that I can't take over their body yet if I wanted out of here.

Damnit.

So come on then. Bring it on "Mx. Self-Preservation."

Huh, you hear that Signets? You're interesting! So, let's get this story almost as interesting as you by pressing the vote button! :D

Don't forget, it helps people to find this story and I love that people like this!