Interest

SCP-049

Well, to start off, you could say that you were anxious about the lunch... Date? Event? Picnic? No, not picnic. Picnics were happy goings on with normal people. And normal was a word that you practically didn't know ever since being brought to this facility.

Anyways, anxiety has always been there for you, unfortunately, and has been by your side since day one. So, to say that you were anxious... It was an understatement.

YOU WERE SCARED OUT OF YOUR VELCRO, LIGHT UP, GLOW IN THE DARK, DORA THE EXPLORER SHOES THAT YOU GOT FROM ADIBAS. NO, THAT WAS NOT A MISTAKE FOR ADIDAS. YEAH, WE GOT THE OFF-BRAND TYPE OF SHAKING IN OUR SHOES.

No. None of that was an exaggeration.

Screaming was what snapped you out of your thoughts, which was probably the only thing that could, but you rolled your eyes as the screaming continued as more people started joining in.

'Welp. Another person got shot I guess.' You thought to yourself. But they should be used to it by now, instead of screaming like deranged baboons. Why can't people just not cross it?' You thought to yourself, referring to the red line by the only exits, separating the staff from the Class-D's.

You shuddered remembering the first time you witnessed it. Someone crossing the line and getting shot.

The staff were thoughtful enough to at least give us a break in the day, getting different groups into the waiting room - also known as the room our cells are in where we're all waiting to get chosen to die to some SCP - and would let us walk around.

The first time I was in one of these groups, some moron was dared to cross the red line to go ask the MTF that was standing guard, some stupid question, and the idiot had a bullet in his head the millisecond his big toe was a nanometer over the little strip of ruby.

Did you know that all basic bodily functions, like breathing, stop when your little brother dies in front of you?

Your thoughts once again came to an abrupt halt when your cell door started making a mechanical whirring sound, signaling that it was about to open. Also unfortunately signaling to your nerves that it was time to start acting up again.

The screaming got relatively louder as the door opened up to a black clad 049 who was looking mildly disturbed by all the noise.

A guard quickly entered the cell and roughly tugged you out, making you stumble.

"Don't touch them!" 049 snarled, craning his neck to see you, putting weight on his neck and arm restraints you thought were a little excessive. Well... thinking back to the first time you met, maybe this was tame compared to what they should do to a killer.

"SCP 049, I'm going to have to ask you to stop pulling on your restraints." A guard stated as the scientists were struggling to keep a hold of the six-foot something man in front of you.

'Weaklings.' You smirked to yourself, although even you knew you probably would be surprised if 049 wasn't this strong. Was this why they usually had him sedated? Was he sedated? Or was this man just strong as hell?

049 calmed down and resumed his original stance, a close D-Class falling to the ground as he did so.

"Uh- I didn't-" 049 stammered, pretty damn confused as to what just happened.

"He's just passed out!" An MTF yelled as they checked on them. That seemed to lighten the atmosphere of the room as some people started poking fun at the poor dude.