-'☆》𝟏《☆'-

June 1989

Death. The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. Our summer starts with a search for the dead. Of course, no one wants to be the one to tell Bill but that's what this is. The search for Georgie had become a regular weekend pass time. A ring of the school bell lets us know searching season has begun.

"So there's this church full of jews right? And Stan has to take this super Jewy test." My eyebrows shoot up at those words.

"What makes a test Jewy?" I ask as we make our way down the hall.

"But how's it work?" Bill questions, both of us looking to Eddie for answers.

"They slice the tip of his dick off," Eddie states, throwing his hands up. A shiver crawls up my spine at that image.

"But then Stan will have nothing left!" Richie exclaims with a crude grin. I try to muffle my laughter as I feel a familiar hand grab my shoulder.

"Wait up, you guys!" Stan lightly pushes between Eddie and me. All of us had gotten pretty lucky class-wise this year but Stan got stuck in a different 6th period.

"Hey, Stan, what happens at the Bar Mitzvah, anyways? Ed says they slice the tip of your d-di-d-dick off." Bill stutters. Richie quickly chimes in.

"Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say, Wheres the beef?" We all laugh while avoiding bumping into people. Turns out that five people walking shoulder to shoulder doesn't quite fit in a hallway full of students trying to escape for the summer.

"At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech, and suddenly, I become a man," Stan explains.

"I could think of funner ways to become a man." Richie states.

"More fun, you mean."

"Oh, shit," Richie mutters as we slow down. The Bowers gang stares at us from the side, all relaxing just outside a newly emptied classroom. Patrick stares with a grinch-like grin, licking his lips in what's creepy but normal Patrick behavior.

"Think they'll sign my yearbook," Richie questions as he fixes his glasses, "Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot, steaming dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer!" I chuckle before Greta pushes past me roughly on the stairs. Luckily, she seems to have someone else on her mind as she doesn't even glance back at me.

"Imagine that," I mutter, "That would be like Greta signing mine with an apology for trying to convince everybody I had a dick last August because I hang out with you guys. She seems to have more testosterone than Eddie over here." I giggle pointing to the scrawny boy. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh haha. At least I didn't bleed through my white shorts in 2nd period last month." He retorted with a grimace.

"It was a week early Eds, how was I supposed to guess that would happen?" I spat back at him. He shuddered remembering that day.

"It was so unsanitary, Y/n! Blood came out of you!" He bellowed, shaking his hands out in disgust.

"You accept snacks from Richie and you're calling me unsanitary? Newsflash Eddie, Richie is the definition of unsanitary!" I shout as we exit the school, waving my arms towards Richie. Richie shrugged and Eddie just huffed as Bill and Stan laugh at our little dispute. We quickly rush towards the trash cans, unzipping our backpacks. We tip the contents into the trash, shaking out a year's worth of school work and shitty memories.