-'☆》𝟏𝟏《☆'-

September 1989

"I saw all of us. All of us were there. Back in the cistern. But we were older. We were our parent's ages." Bev recalls what she saw when she was floating. We're all sitting by the stream, in an overgrown field. We all sit in a circle, Bill on my right and Richie on my left.

"Am I still handsome as an adult?" Richie question, putting his hands to his chin and smiling a smile that looked more like a grimace. We all chuckled at that.

"You grow into your looks." She replies with a grin. Eddie and I laugh at that.

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"What about me?" Stan questions. Bev's face falls slightly, thinking back.

"Like now, but taller." Stan grins at that.

"Do I ever get better looking, I mean it's hard to get better than this but please tell me I do." I joke, posing as they laugh.

"You do. I can tell that you've worked hard, at what I don't know. You've got little muscles but the rest of you is like a Disney princess." She says. I smile and look at Richie.

"Hear that, I don't grow into my looks." I joke as the group laughs.

"Seriously, what the fuck does that mean?" Richie throws his arms out. We all look around at each other, just taking in the moment. Bill grabs a shard of glass from in front of him.

"Swear it. Swear if it isn't dead, if it ever comes back, we'll come back, too." Bill says. And we do.

Memory, it's a funny thing. People want to believe they are what they choose to remember. The good stuff. The moments. The places. The people we all hold onto. But sometimes...sometimes we are what we wish we could forget. Thing is, sometimes what we wish was forgotten, what we tried to leave in the past, won't stay there. Sometimes, it comes back for you.

Los Angeles, CA 2016

"Rich, calm down. What are you talking about?" I ask my husband over the phone. He called me in a hurry, I can hear his assistant, stage manager, and others trying to get him to go on stage.

"Y/n please listen to me, we've known each other for a long time-"

"I know Rich, you came fumbling into my Diner on a late October night in 1999, and then again the next morning. Richie, we've been married for like 15 years." I laugh.

"No, you don't get it!" He yells, I can hear him physically shaking.

"Richie, you need to calm down. I'll talk to you after your show, okay. I gotta get back to work, lots of hungry customers. I love you." I say, not wanting to leave him panicking but knowing he has people around him to help.

"Y/n, please don't hang up." A number flashes on the screen. (207) 159-4557

"Hold on, hun, im getting a phone call. If you really are this panicked just cancel the show. You can come sit in the kitchen as I cook. I'll be right back."

"It's Mike." I hear him mutter. My eyebrows furrow.

"Who?" I ask.