-'☆》𝟑《☆'-

My heart couldn't stop racing. The new kids bleeding out on the back of Bill's bike. It's not a major injury but it definitely makes for an interesting first meeting.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right?" Eddie states as we ride out of the forest area and into the main city. "My mom's friend in New York City got it just by touching a dirty pole on the subway. And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail!" We ride our bikes into the alley next to the drug store, Eddie still muttering behind us.

"And you can amputate legs and arms. But how do you amputate a waist? You guys do know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS, right? You guys do know that?" He rambles as we sit the new kid down on some wooden crates. Bill looks around before his eyes land on Richie and I.

"Richie, Y/n, wait here." He orders as he drags Stan and Eddie towards the store entrance with him. We stare at them before looking back to the new kid.

"Glad I got to meet you before you died," Richie states with a dumb look on his face. He just stares at the new kid who doesn't respond before turning away. I shake my head with a small smile before looking at the boy.

"Im guessing Bowers did this?" I ask. He looks up and nods. I tut and sit down on the floor in front of him.

"Bowers is a real dick. Im guessing his is pretty small so he has to act like a huge one to compensate." I smile. This earns a small chuckle from him before he hisses in pain. I grimace. "Sorry."

"What's your name, new kid?" Richie questions.

"Ben." He mutters. You can tell he's pretty tired. I tilt my head before leaning forward.

"Does Mr. Ben have a last name perchance?" I ask, picking some wood chips out of his messy hair.

"Hanscom." I smile and nod.

"Well Ben Hanscom, it's nice to meet you. I wish it had been under better circumstances but still happy to meet you." I laugh. He smiles again. Richie steps forward with a thoughtful look.

"What's got Bowers all mad at you?" He asks to which Ben just shrugs. I scoff.

"Bowers goes after anyone and everyone, Rich. The asshole has been asking me out for the past two years and I'm still not exempt from his torture." I grumble. The thoughtful look stays on his face.

"What the fuck does exempt mean?" Ben laughs at that as I sigh.

"You know. Exempt. Dictionary definition is free from an obligation or liability imposed on others." I say. He just nods before smiling and wrapping an arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close.

"And that's why I need you, doll. I'd be completely stupid without you." He smiles. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"I don't seem to be doing a good job if that's what im here for." I giggle, laying my head on his shoulder. He puts a hand to his chest and gasps in mock hurt.

"You wound me, woman!" He dramatically cries, clutching my shirt as he "sobs". Ben just laughs as I sit there, completely unaffected by Richie's usual antics.

"And they say women are emotional," I mutter to which Richie just smiles.

"Real men aren't afraid to cry in the arms of a strong woman." I scoff and lightly punch his side.

"Well, this strong woman will give you something to cry about." I laugh, sending fake punches at him. He gasps and sends fake punches back. We continue our fake fight until we hear the rest of the boys come running into the ally. Their arms are full of medical supplies. Richie and I stand up as they stop in front of us.