-'☆》𝟒《☆'-

"Okay, who goes first?" Bill asked the boys crowded around the edge of the cliff. I glance at Beverly with a small smile. I was running a bit late, had to pick up a new bathing suit since the one from last year didn't fit anymore and my brother didn't want me swimming in a bra and panties. I ran into Bev on the way and we came together but the boys hadn't noticed us yet. To most, it was odd to see them lined up there in their white underwear but we had spent the last few summers doing this. We're 13 now but they hadn't changed. It felt weird to think I was the only one who had. But these boys were my best friends and I would like to think they wouldn't judge me.

"We'll go!" Bev yells as we set down our bikes. The boys turn fast and look surprised to see her there. I set my bag down and began pulling my dress off as Bev unbuttoned hers. She didn't say anything as she took off running, throwing the dress to the ground.

"Sissies." She smiles. I laugh and quickly throw mine, running right behind her. We quickly jump, grabbing hands as our legs kicked in the air. It almost felt as if time had slowed down, the breeze lightly catching our hair as the water slowly got closer.

"What the fuck!" I giggle and close my eyes right before we hit the water. The cold feels so nice in comparison to the hot sun beating down on us. As I come back up I smile. The boys still stand there staring down at us in awe. I laugh and push my wet hair back.

"Come on!" I yell. Swimming out of the way. Bill jumps first then Richie and the rest of the group join us pretty fast. I swim over to Richie, my heart fluttering as he sends me a smile.

"You seemed a little nervous there, Tozier." I laugh to which he blushes.

"Me? Scared? Pfff not at all." He lies. I just shake my head as we swim to shallower water.

"Sure. I'm completely confident that next time we go swimming, you'll be the first to jump." I state, lightly pushing him. He laughs and throws an arm around me.

"Being the bravest of us losers is a bit tiring. I'll let someone else go next time." He insists, sticking out his chest. I laugh a splash some water in his face. He sputters, wiping his eyes franticly before turning and splashing me. I gasp and splash him back, starting an all-out war. One splash managed to reach Eddie who screamed and rubbed his eyes franticly.

"What the fuck, Richie?" He yells as we laugh, swinging blindly and accidentally splashing Stan who splashes back. We quickly join in and the whole group begins to splash. We're all laughing and screaming, water flying everywhere. I throw my arms around Richie's shoulders and throw us back, pulling him underwater. When we both come up he grabs my waist for balance and we just laugh. I can't seem to look away from the laughing boy, my arms still wrapped around his shoulders but from the front now. The moments over when water smacks ys both in the face, Stan's laughter ringing out.

"Chicken fight!" Richie yells, grabbing me. He crouches in the water and I climb on his shoulders as Ben lifts Stan. Quickly we grasp each other's hands, trying to push harder than the other. Bill, Bev, and Eddie cheer from the side as we both struggle. Finally, I manage to push him hard enough and he slips off Ben's shoulders. Richie and I cheer, throwing our hands up in sweet victory. Bev quickly climbs onto Bill's shoulders and challenges us. I laugh as we start pushing again.

"I'll give you this, you're stronger than Stan." I laugh as we push each other. We all laugh as Stan pouts. I go for her while we're all laughing and it works. Richie and I cheer again as we assert ourselves as the strongest.

"You did say I was a strong woman," I remember with a laugh, playing with his hair from his shoulders. He just chuckles and nods before giving one last victory cheer.

"Fuck yeah! Stan, your arms are like ramen noodles, dude." He laughs, arms clutching my thighs as I braid a few hairs. Stan flips him off as the rest of the group laughs.