-'☆》𝟏𝟓《☆'-

"Okay, Mike, so where do we find our tokens?" I ask after we climb out of the clubhouse, dusting myself off.

"Yeah, I gotta be honest, man. All due respect. This is fucking stupid, all right? Why do we need tokens? All right? We already remember everything. Saving Bev, defeating It. I mean, we're caught up!" Richie yells, growing frustrated with the situation.

"It's not everything. We fought. But what happened after that? Before the house on Neibolt. Think." Mike replies as we try to remember.

"We c-c-can't remember, can we?"

"See, there's more to our story. What happened that summer. And those blank spaces, like pages, torn out of a book. That's what you need to find. We need to split up. You each need to find your artifact. Alone. That's important. When you do, meet me at the library tonight." Mike instructs us.

"Yeah, I gotta say, statistically speaking, you look at survival scenarios, we're gonna do much better as a group," Eddie suggests.

"Yeah, splitting up would be dumb, man. Okay, we gotta go together. All right? We were together that summer, right?" Richie reasons. Then it hits me. The fight.

"No," I mutter. Richie's head turns to look at me.

"What? What are you talking about? We were together I remember." He says.

"No, she's right. Not that who-whole summer."

1989

"Take it back!" Bill punches Richie.

"Bill!" I yell as I help lift Richie off the ground. Hes lunging at Bill, screaming and crying out.

"You're just a bunch of losers! Fuck off!" He kicks at Bill who goes to punch him again. We're all holding back Richie and Bill, yelling for them to stop. "You're just a bunch of losers and you'll get yourselves killed trying to catch a fucking stupid clown!" Richie screams as we pull them apart. Bev steps in the middle.

"Guys, stop! We were all together when we hurt It. That's why we're still alive." She explains. Richie steps forward now.

"Yeah? Well, I plan to keep it that way." He states, walking away. I stand there watching as people left. I finally sigh and turn away, stepping onto the sidewalk and towards my house. The lonely walk home was alot to take in. I collapsed into bed a just sobbed as the day's events came spiraling back. I eventually fell asleep stayed that way until my brother got home, I started a joke by the bee gees playing in the background.

2016

I stand in front of my childhood home, the yard overgrown. A porch swing has been added, my old wrinkled mother sitting in it.

"You have some nerve coming back here." She mutters as I walk up the steps and into the walled-in porch. The 74-year-old woman stares at me, her face wrinkled and tired. "You left. I needed you and your brother but you both left."

"I had to leave. I couldn't stay here." I reply, looking her dead in the eye. She sighs and looks away, starting her at the dead streets.

"I couldn't stop you if I wanted to, could I?" I shake my head, sitting on the stool next to her swing.

"There were too many memories. Over time I forgot but I remember everything now." I tell her, grabbing her frail hand in mine.

"Where did you go? What's become of you?" She whispers her voice horse and strained.

"I went to college and moved to L.A. I own a diner there, a very busy diner. I have a dog. And I-"