-'☆》𝟖《☆'-

The house on Neibolt street is an ugly eyesore. It's been rotting away for year's and no one has done a thing. It just sits there as people pass by every day. I don't think anyone would have guessed it was home to a shape-shifting demon clown that can potentially read minds, well I don't know if it's actually a clown but you get it. Bill is standing on the steps as we ride up to the house, dropping our bikes in the road.

"Bill!" Bev yells, making Bill turn around with a weird look on his face. "Bill, you can't go in there. This is crazy." She reasons. Bills not having it.

"Look, you don't have to come with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us? Are you just going to pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I cant. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but," Bill pauses, eyes watering as he remembers, " he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own." He ends his speech, looking us all in the eyes before turning and walking up to the front door.

"Wow," Richie says.

"What?"

"He didn't stutter once." He responds. We all stand there quietly before Richie steps forward, me, Eddie, and Ben following behind.

"Wait!" We all turn and look at Stan who's standing there with his eyes on the ground, fidgeting before looking up again, "um... shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know, just in case something bad happens?"

"Who wants to stay out here?" Bill asks, his hand already on the doorknob. Everyone raises their hand except Bev. Hey, can you blame me? I got dragged by that thing less than 10 minutes ago. We all glance around before gradually lowering our hands.

"Fuck." Richie mutters.

We all decide to draw straws, where they came from I have no idea. Bill goes about breaking them, stating the three with the shortest straws come with him.  Ben, Stan, and Mike pull pretty average-sized straws, sighing in relief. Eddie goes next, pulling a straw that was pretty short in comparison to the others already pulled.

"Ah fuck." He mutters as Richie doubles over in laughter.

"Jeez, Eds, the point was to grab a big straw. Could you have picked one any shorter? Good luck!" He laughs, reaching over and plucking a random straw. The straw he pulls is even shorter than Eddie's, quickly silencing the laughing boy. Eddie lets out a little screech and points.

"Ha! You were saying?" Eddie laughs, pinching his fingers to make fun of the size.

"Oh ha ha! Shut up." Richie mutters, flicking the straw into Eddie's forehead. Bev steps forward and grand with a hand slapped over her eyes. She then grabs the longest straw from the pile and looks at me with a shrug. I step forward, hoping this straw is somehow bigger than Stan's who currently has the shortest of the average-sized straws. I grab it and pull. Luck never seems to be on my side, the straw seeming to be the length of my nail, the shortest of the bunch. I sigh, pushing hair out of my face as I imagine what's inside.

"Let's get this over with." I huff, dropping the object of my disappointment and walking forward. Eddie and Richie follow behind Bill and I as we open the door. It's dusty and gross, dying plants coming up from the floorboards and walls.

"I can't believe I pulled the short straw," Richie grumbles as we walk past the main doors. "You guys are lucky you're not measuring dicks."

"Shut up, Richie." Eddie hisses. I just roll my eyes and scoff.

"I'd still fucking be in here." I groan, not liking the dusty and humid air. Richie just chuckles at that.

"I can smell it," Eddie mumbles as we look around the room.