0.8 - Actions

Courtney

I had been completely shocked by Ryan's actions but I was also thankful that he knows and I don't have to go to such extreme lengths for him to not find out. It was as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Unfortunately, I was still unsure of how I was going to do this with him knowing. It's not like I can take him to my doctor's appointments or talk to him outside of work stuff. Even bringing him back to my bus was a huge no-no. If we were caught we both were gone.

Opening the door and walking in, I made sure that no one was there with us before going to my room space and grabbing the bag that held the pictures. Coming back to the living area, I handed him them and told him. "Keep them." Knowing I had extras at my house. He deserved to have them too, even if it took me this long to give them to him.

"I'm sure Emma would love to know she's going to be an aunt as well and Lisa and Dave have to know they're getting another grandson. Louie and Bodhi will be happy about that." I told him with a smile. I had finally confessed to my mom that I was having a baby earlier this week and she was ecstatic. My dad wasn't that much different when he heard the news. Brandon on the other hand, was upset at me for keeping it a secret from everyone and just going MIA. He didn't understand why I kept it secret and had subsequently gotten upset and not talked to me since.

"When did you find out? Is he healthy?" He asked, scanning through the first few, and having seen the dates on the top corner.

"He is very healthy and growing right on pace. And I found out about a month after we broke up. I had kept a migraine for a couple of weeks and couldn't get rid of it, when I went to the doctor we did a test and there he was." I said, feeling the smile fall from my face as I thought of my next question. I knew he said his girlfriend was fake but did he know about her when we broke up?

"Did you know about Gianna when you broke up with me?" Ryan sighed, placing the photos on the counter. He gave me a look that I knew that I probably shouldn't have asked.

"I did, Roger had stopped me before the meeting and gave me a story about how she was going to be my fake girlfriend because he owed her dad. I knew going into the meeting that I had to break up with you, there was just nothing I could do."

Feeling my heart breaks a little more. I finally got it. Instead of fighting for us, he gave up and accepted his fate. That's nice to know. I'll make it easier for him then because this was a mistake.

"I'm glad that the thought of me quitting hadn't crossed your mind. I was ready to give up my job to have you by my side. You didn't even give me the chance to make things work out for us, Ryan." I told him, a burst of anger filling me along with sadness.

Stupid hormones causing me to cry. I hated crying, especially while I was mad. It always made me feel like the argument wasn't as serious if I didn't keep level-headed.

"I couldn't Court. My hands were tied." He said, almost having the same tone as I did. I half laughed at what he said but found nothing of it humorous. His hands weren't tied, he just gave up. He walked out of that room and never gave me another look until a couple of months later.

"No, you could have me and your son right now by your side but instead you let something as stupid as Roger owing a friend fuck that up." Before he could say anything else, his phone rang. He barely even looked at the screen before rolling his eyes and answering. "What do you need, Gianna?" That caused me to roll mine. Of course, you're in an argument with your ex-girlfriend about your fake girlfriend so let's piss me off more by answering her phone call.

"Okay, I'll be there in a minute. Bye." He hung up the phone and grumbled a bit.

"Look, I want to talk more about this. I'll call you tomorrow and find a time we can sit down and discuss what happens next." He shoved his phone and the photos in his back pocket, getting up from the stool and heading for the door.

"There is nothing left to talk about Ryan. You made your bed just now when you chose her over us. I don't want to hear from you again." Pushing him out of the door and watching the shocked expression appear on his face did nothing for helping the ache in my heart. It's nice to know that I meant nothing to him and now that he knows about his son, he still chooses someone else over us both.

Third Person

It wasn't until much later in the night when an unannounced Gianna and a very drunk Ryan stumbled through his bus doors that caused a much bigger problem for Courtney. As Ryan got undressed and tossed his clothes carelessly on the floor, he forgot about what was in his back pocket.

The small pictures fell out and lay astray on the floor, exposing everything. Gianna walked out of the bathroom, ready to lay down for bed on the couch when she stumbled over the jeans. Cursing to herself softly about how he always does this with his clothing or shoes. She turned to pick them up and move them out of the way. Spotting the photos on the ground, she thought for a second.

It's not like she hated Courtney or anything but she was ruining her chances of becoming famous and that couldn't do. Now seeing her name at the top of the ultrasounds was not going to do. Ryan would be distracted from his obligations with Roger and her dad. She had to get rid of her from working. 

Formulating a plan, she smiled. Quietly laughing to herself as she thought of the way to get Courtney fired and away from all of them without hurting Ryan's ride at Penske. Now she just needed to talk with Roger and everything would be a go.

Surprise update because Ryan Won at Michigan. Holy crap, I didn't think he was going to but man am I so glad he did! He deserves this win after being so close last week! Hope you enjoyed it! I know I've mentioned it but my mom and dad both tested negative this weekend but my grandad took a turn for the worst and isn't expected to make it. Covid sucks, I hate everything about it. But not to end it on a bad note, I hope everyone has a good weekend. Hoping to get to go back to work Tuesday, man I've missed it.

- Stay Beautiful

Courtney S