1.2 - Apologies

Courtney

I picked up my phone the next morning to check the time and noticed the enormous amount of phone calls and messages from drivers, wives, and people that I had known because of my work. All of them sent me congratulations and well wishes. I had noticed that Ryan had called me yesterday about an hour after the whole ordeal but I was too busy ignoring the world with Brittany by my side to care to answer him back.

Deciding that I would deal with that drama another day, I skipped down to my mom's reply wanting to see if she was willing to help. She sent me a message that she would but that she couldn't make it for a few weeks. I was a little bit sad about that but I knew that she was busy with work and probably couldn't get time off until then. That's the downside of living a state away and not down the road. Maybe I should just go see her for a couple of days. I can always have someone watch my house for the time being. I needed it and I'm sure it would help her out more if I went there.

Startlingly me, my ringtone blasted from the phone in my hand, causing me to just about pee myself. The joys of this boy sitting on my bladder. Answering it with just a glance at the caller's name.

"Hello?" I had almost not answered because I wanted to get some more sleep since this was one of the first days in a while I have gotten to sleep in but I figured if Brittany was calling this early, she was needing to talk. When she answered she didn't sound upset so I knew straight away I should have let it ring through and went back to bed. No offense best friend.

"Hey girl, I'll be at your house in five minutes. Are you ready for a relaxing day at the lake?" I could hear a very excited scream from a little boy in the back. Rubbing my eyes, I had forgotten about the lake day after the regular season ended, she hadn't even mentioned it yesterday.

Everybody was supposed to be there, and up until yesterday, I would have been excited to get dressed and go. Now, I'm unsure if I want to see Ryan and his help yet or not. Or if I would even be able to keep my calm around them and I knew I needed to remain mellow for a while.

Hearing my groan she chastised me, saying that it would be great to relax on the sand with her and the boys. Nobody would bother them since there were kids around. That's when she said she'd most likely be alone with the boys. Brittany was pulling the friend card pretty hard, and it was working.

With a dramatic sigh, I told her, "I'll see you in a couple of minutes."

Groaning loudly between a yawn and stretch, I had just barely enough time to get out of bed before I could hear her laughing. Hitting the end button on the phone call to get ready, I grumbled for a bit.

I'm going to have to use the friend card sometime on her when this boy decides he wants to spend time with her.

Very lazily, I went into my closet and pulled out a white bikini from a large dresser drawer and put it aside then grabbed a matching white maxi dress to toss on over it.

I didn't have anything that would fit all this belly in one piece, and I knew there were going to be very slim girls there and I didn't want the little confidence I had in my body to go away. Pushing that thought out of my mind, I put the clothes on before rummaging through my shoes to find a pair of sandals to go with them.

Might as well be as comfortable as I can be, right?

Grabbing the rest of the stuff I would need and putting it into a large beach bag, I made my way downstairs to get something to munch on throughout the day and make sure I had my house keys. Might as well make the most out of the day.