Chapter 1: something's wrong

"Oh boy, I've waited so long for this!" Notme exclaimed.

It had been three months since they first started training, and several years since the skeld was first built. They were finally headed for polus! The 8 astronauts had different color suits, and Notme chose blue. They also had different hats to choose from, and Notme chose the crown hat.

"I know right?" Detective said happily. Detective had trained with Notme. He chose the brown suit and flat detective cap. The other 6 had trained elsewhere.

Time to head off. The countdown started. Next thing they knew, they were blasting off.

8 hours later, the drop ship arrived at the skeld. But something was wrong. There were 10 crewmates on the skeld, but last time Notme checked, there were only eight.

Notme asked purple, but she didn't know what was happening. "Maybe they were already on?" She suggested.

"Maybe." He said.

Notme went to do his tasks. He walked into the admin room, and everyone else was there, doing their card swipe. Detective seemed to be having trouble, so black helped him. Black called himself dark grey, which felt odd, but they shook it off and continued their tasks.

Notme then walked through shields to navigation and saw orange on the way. Orange mumbled something incoherent, but Notme ignored it. He stabilized the steering, then walked to the cafeteria.

But on the way he saw something horrific. Green, dead in weapons.

Notme pulled out the communicator he was given. "Everyone, this is blue. Reporting green. Um, he's dead."

Everyone started screaming at the communicators. He could only make out a few words, "where?!" "How?!" And "who?!"

He waited for the commotion to calm down.

"Meet me in the cafeteria." He said trying to remain calm.

They all met, and he was correct. There were 9 people, since green was dead. "Where?" White asked.

"In weapons." Notme replied. "I haven't seen anyone, except, orange."

"Me?" Orange said. "I would never do this! Trust me. There's something, among us."

Everyone was really scared at this point. They decided to skip voting, but Notme couldn't stop thinking about green. Forget it. he thought. It'll only stress you more.

People died more and more by the second. Until there were 5 people left alive. Orange, yellow, dark grey, detective and Notme.

"This is Sweet, yellow, reporting purple's body."

They met in the cafeteria. "In electrical. I don't want to point fingers, but I saw orange with purple earlier."

"No! She's lying!" Orange yelled.

They all voted. Orange voted sweet. dark grey, sweet and detective voted for orange. and Notme voted to skip.

"Orange it is then!" Sweet exclaimed.

They ejected orange. All of a sudden, sweet and dark grey grew giant quills. Notme and detective tried to run away, But they used a bunch of cable as a lasso. They tied the duo up, and proceeded to taunt them. But then, a bright light came from behind sweet and dark grey, reverting them to their normal forms.

Behind them was a large glowing ghost. He told them a strange prophecy that shocked them to their very core.

"Don't kill them. You four, and the fifth are destined to destroy the ultimate evil. Redd."

The ghost ordered sweet and dark grey to untie Notme and detective, and that they did. They apologized, and vowed not to kill them, or any other humans. The ghost told them strange information that changed everything.

"Sweet and Notme, your signature song is 'so suspicious'. Detective, your song is 'lying 2 me'. and dark grey, your song is ''show yourself."

They turned around to thank the ghost but he was gone.

The lights to the ship started to blare, and the ground began to shake. "A crash course!" Detective exclaimed.

"I thought I stabilized the steering?!" Notme shouted.

Oh gosh. Sweet thought. I sabotaged it.

Notme and sweet ran to navigation, while detective and dark grey went to o2. But someone was there. White.

Detective did his final task while dark grey helped white.

White's name was Chewie. He wore a beanie hat that he chose at the start of the mission. He was also the youngest on the mission at only 12 years old.

They ran to navigation to help Notme and sweet, but it was too late.

Good thing the crash was minor.