Chapter 29: stomachache

The next day was Chewie's birthday. Chewie didn't ask for much that year, but did get what he wanted; a keyboard, and when he played, it sounded amazing.

"Wow chewie, you sound really good!" Dark grey exclaimed.

"Not really, I'm rusty." He replied. "Haven't played this song since my mother died."

"It sounds great to me!" Notme responded. "I would never be able to play like that."

"Thanks guys." Chewie said, smiling.

The next thing they heard was Notme exclaiming in pain, grasping his stomach.

"Woah, are you doing alright?" Detective asked him.

"Yeah. Probably just a stomach ache or nausea or something." Notme said.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dark grey inquired.

"Yeah I'm fine." Notme said, standing up. "I'll be in my room." He walked upstairs, still in pain. The truth was, he felt this pain The night before. But he just shook it off, thinking it was probably just the flu or something. But it most definitely wasn't.

A few hours later...

"Ugh... my stomach hurts even worse now." Notme said to himself as he sat up. It was then that he saw it. Saliva, just sitting there on his stomach. Then he noticed the red, And then white, sharp objects. "Oh no..." he muttered.

Sweet came in just then. "Hey honey, are you doing any better?"

Notme shot up to his feet, covering the gaping hole in his abdomen. "Y-yeah." He stuttered nervously. "Just one issue."

"What is it?" She asked. Notme simply uncovered his torso, and pointed at it.

"Oh, um..." Sweet said."It's-, it's okay!" They sat down together.

Notme's lip started to quiver, and he started to shake. He grew quills that looked similar to Sweet's. He whimpered in fear and pain, and started to hug Sweet.

"Hey, hey, it's alright!" She assured him. "It's normal for some Crewposters to get imposter mouths, too. It just takes a little longer than regular imposters."

Notme had completely forgotten he was a crewposter. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, for imposters like me, it takes about 3 years to get imposter mouths. But for a crewposter like you, it takes more like 17 years." She said as she rubbed his back.

Detective walked in on the scene, and his eyes instantly widened. "But... how?! You're a crewmate!"

"Don't you remember? I'm not." Notme said quietly.

"Oh, right..." Detective thought aloud.

Dark grey, Sky, and Chewie were still in the living room. "You think they're okay? It's been almost half an hour." Dark grey said, concerned. Notme, Sweet and Detective came out just then. Notme was still covering his stomach.

"It's okay if you don't want to show them." Sweet whispered.

"Show us what?" Sky asked curiously.

Notme sighed, and uncovered his abdomen. But their reactions were nowhere near what he thought they'd be.

"You have one too?!" Dark grey exclaimed happily.

"Cool! You make me wish I had one!" Sky said with a mix of joy and jealousy in her voice.

"When will I get one?! I hope it's soon!" Chewie asked excitedly.

Notme was touched. He later told Mira HQ and the I.C.F about the news, and they were supportive as well.

He couldn't have felt happier then.

(A/N Notme and sweet have matching imposter forms its cute)