Chapter 26: torn

The Quistians were just about to walk into the drop ship, when a giant spider-like imposter jumped in front of them. Detective was so startled, he nearly fainted. The rest of them just jumped. As soon as the stress wore off, they realized who it was: Captivate.
"What do you want?" Sweet asked.
"I will not let you go with a crewmate!" Captivate roared.
"What are you talking about?!" Notme shouted at both of them.
"Notme, this is my father. Captivate." Sweet said in a strangely sad tone.
Notme understood now. Captivate didn't want his daughter, Sweet, to be in love with Notme, a crewmate. "Why can't she go with me?" He asked.
"Crewmates and imposters have never meant to be together. It is a crime against both species, and I will not let my daughter be exiled!" He roared.

Keep it together Chewie thought to himself. Don't split, don't split, don't split!
Chewie started to melt again for the first time in weeks. Detective immediately ran to help him, as Notme and Captivate continued to argue.

"That's not true!" Notme argued.
"Yes it is! Do you remember why the former heir to the imposter throne, Bluee, was executed?!" Captivate shouted.
This caused Notme to get some horrible flashbacks. He collapsed, clutching his head as his whole life flashed before him. Sweet tried to help him, but Captivate got there first.
Captivate grabbed Notme with one of his many clawed hands, and threw him into a wall.

The polus crew noticed the loud bang. They walked over curiously, and found Notme lying there, trying his best to get up. Then Captivate roared once again. This roar alerted Molten, who walked over to the loud sound. He saw Captivate.
"Captivate! What do you think you're doing?!" Molten shouted. He got low to the ground, like a dog getting ready to attack.

"Stop! All of you stop!" Sweet cried. She had no clue what to do.
"Stay out of this, Sweet!" Captivate growled. He was trying to intimidate her, but she wouldn't budge.
"No!" she shouted. "Not only that, but I agree with Notme about love between species! It's possible!"
"And don't you even know who Notme is?!" sky shouted. "Nolan, the son of Bluee?!"

Captivate went silent."I'm sorry. I-"
"I don't think there is an excuse for hurting the love of my life." Sweet said as she stormed off into the direction of the polus crew.
They were still tending to Notme's injuries. She helped him up, and kissed him on the cheek. This sort of surprised him, but it felt good nonetheless.