Chapter 21: love, blood, and flowers

Detective turned around to see Sky with her helmet off, clutching her chest and vomiting blood. But there was more than just blood coming out.

Detective raced over, and everyone else stopped, too. There was something in the vomit.

A flower? Detective started to cry. "No... please no..." he said softly.

"What is it?" sweet asked.

"We gotta get her to a hospital!"

*

"What even happened, detective?" dark grey asked.

Detective sighed, and wiped the tear from his face.

"Okay, you can come in now." a doctor said. Her name tag said: Olivia . She gestured for them to follow her.

Sky was just unconscious after a hard surgery. She had an oxygen mask on.

"What happened?" Sweet asked.

"Sky has a bad case of hanahaki. It's a disease caused by a very strong, one sided love. It causes flowers to grow in the lungs, making breathing difficult to impossible. I have removed the flowers, but more will grow soon."

"Is there a cure?" Notme asked olivia.

"It can only be solved if the love becomes mutual, or the victim dies. I recommend she keeps the oxygen mask on till tomorrow. "

Sky started to wake up.

"Wow, you really gave us a scare, sky!" Detective said, relieved.

Wait...sky thought. He caught me coughing flowers! Should i tell him?She sat up quickly.

"Take It easy, sky! You just had-" notme started.

Sky exclaimed in pain.

"Surgery..." he finished.

"Sky, do you know why you're here?" Olivia asked. Sky nodded

"And you know the cure?" 

Sky nodded again.

"It's okay, sky. We just need to know who you love, then we can help." Detective said, his hand on her shoulder.

She simply put her hand on his, as a tear rolled down her cheek. She loved him for a long time, but didn't tell him. She couldn't tell him.

"Me?" Detective said, blushing. He never thought of her like that.

"I've... liked you for a while." she said.

"Well, I'll try to love you back. I just thought of you as a friend."

They needed to build a romantic bond... and fast.