chapter twenty-one

Wybies pov

I climbed the web, trying not to get stuck or fall. (Y/n) was behind me, yelling at me to go faster. I looked down, the web was huge and everything else was a pure white abyss, an abyss that i dont want to fall into.

It was hard to climb with the web rapidly moving from that crazy woman thing trying to grab at us.

Coraline and the cat were already through the door, hopefully waiting for us. I grabbed hold of the web with both hands as it almost shook me off.

I didn't know what was happening with (y/n) or the spider lady, i just tried to get to the door so i could help (y/n).

Finally, out of breath, i made it to the door and used all of my upper body strength to pull myself up and into the  tunnel. I saw Coraline sitting on the other side of the tunnel, by the open door. "Come on! We need to close the doors! Do you have the key?" She yelled rather loudly.

"I dont have it, i thought tou grabbed it!" I yelled back at her from the side i was at. I glanced down to see the other mother holding onto (y/n) halfway up the web. He was trying to kick and punch her but with her limbs being longer, she can easily dodge any of his attempts.

He looked up to me and yelled "go! Lock the door and go!" He then wiggled his hand free and threw the key up toward me. I almost didn't catch it but i was lucky and did.

"Im not leaving you here!" I yelled as i moved a bit back into the tunnel "leave me! Ill find a way! Just go!" With that said, the other mother had completely wrapped him in the web and he was no longer visible.

She then started climbing up the web to get to the door but i quickly closed it and locked it before crawling to the other door and doing the same.

"Wheres (y/n)?" Coraline asked as she stood up and saw the broken snowglobes on the ground "i think he might be stuck there..." i said as i looked down, disappointed that i couldn't help him.

Just then Coralines parents walked into the living room laughing, followed by two other people and a small child. "Oh Coraline, these are the (last name), they live in the other half of the house, the other side of that wall" she pointed to the wall with the door

"we have a son too, hes around here somewhere, he just doesn't like people so he keeps to himself, im sure you'll find him on our side" the woman spoke