chapter eighteen

Your pov

Its ben a while since Wybie and i decided to just sit in corners and not speak to one another.

We sat in silence for a while before Images started popping up into my head, they seemed so real, almosg like a dream, but i was fully awake

'(Y/n), please, just give the house a chance, it'll be good for us, its a change, the change we need' a woman said, i was in the back of a car, a green one. 'I don't want to mom! I had to leave everyone i knew behind!' I yelled

'Son, please calm down, we talked about this, you can make new friends, you're just 11 years old, your forever friends are yet to come' the man behind the wheel spoke 'plus, i heard the neighbor has a grandson around your age, you could befriend him sweerheart' the woman said

Everything changed, now i was in a bedroom, looking at a toy cat 'they dont care about me! If they did, they wouldn't have made us move, its all for that baby! They only care about the baby and shes not even born yet!' 'Stop yelling! Go meet the neighbor kid!' The woman yelled from another room 'i refuse to even let him know i exist! Im staying in my room forever!'

The surroundings changed again and i was now in the kitchen, the woman from earlier was cooking something. She turned around and looked at me, she had button eyes and...she wasn't pregnant. 'Come now sweetheart, its time for supper, go call your other father'

Once again, the surroundings changed, i now sat at a table, there was a cake infront of me that said 'welcome home'. 'You want me to sew buttons into my eyes?' I asked and they told me that it was the only way i could stay with them.

'My real parents only care about that baby so...fine, ill let you sew them in!' The woman looked at the man and she sort of looked concerned. She then looked at me and gave a soft smile 'alright sweetheart'

The Images dissapeared and i was back in the mirror room "mom...dad..." those were memories "im not...shes not my..." i looked up. I was human? But i have abilities like she does? Is it because of the buttons? Because she kept me as her own?

"She made me think I've been her son all this time...she altered my memories..." i stood up and walked over to the bed, i was mad, i thought she was my mother, my actual mother.

"Get up, were getting out of here" he sat up "and how do you suppose we do that? Unless you can walk through walls"

I ignored him and walked to the wall where the mirror would be, he sighed and stood up, following me.