chapter eleven

Your pov

I walked from the kitchen to the living area, Mother always loved to sit there while her victims were away. She always sat in the dark, with the only light being the glow of the fire or of the creepy bug chairs she liked making.

I sat down and she continued to stare at the door, as if the girl was going to crawl through the door and yell 'sew the buttons into my eyes mom!' Which has happened once before to my surprise. I sat with her for a few minutes before she spoke "go to your bedroom" i couldn't even sit quietly with her.

I walked to the door and turned back to her. I looked past her, to the fire and the snowglobes on the mantel. One of them had Coralines parents in them. Not really though, its a memory of her parents in snow that Mother had altered to make it look like they were stuck and asking for help. She cant take adults.

I looked at one of the other snowglobes to see a memory of some other kids parents asking for help. Then another, they looked so familiar they were beginning for help. I knew it was just an altered memory but it felt real, i felt like i needed to help them.

My gaze went to Mother who was staring at me. I turned and left the room.

"Things are..getting really weird" i said as i walked to my bedroom. I opened my door and almost fell.

"Hi. You're in my room, why are you in my room" i spoke. The other wybie was in my room but he wasn't facing me. I turned around. "Why..." i asked as i walked closer, his entire mouth was stitched shut.

I grabbed a small pair of scissors from my drawer and cut the ends of the thread then pulled them out of his skin. He rubbed his mouth "she found out i have been talking to you"

"How? We haven't spoken for a while"  he stared at me, almost as if debating whether to tell me "she-" he was about to continue when he looked at my door and just left the room

"She what?"

Ignoring the whole thing that just happened i laid on my bed and switched to the dolls vision. No one was in the room so i made him stand up and move around. I had been practicing so it was much easier now.

I made him jump off of the table and walk to the door that was slightly open. I froze when i saw vermin. I pit a hand in the air and slightly waved it. He then jumped over me into the room and i continued to walk through the house, happy that he didn't destroy the doll.

I walked through the house, looking at old photos that were too high up on the walls to see. The place was fairly clean, apart from the obvious cobwebs in the corners of the roof and on the floors.

I got distracted by everything while walking and bumped into something.  I fell onto my butt, well, the dolls butt.

I looked up and before i could fully see what i walked into i heard his voice

"What the-?!"

Oh no