Grace

Well, I officially met Ryker's crazy fling, Melanie. She was pretty average really, but it was clear she thought she was the best thing in the room. I am sure I broke her nose. That will heal very crooked and she will probably hate me for life but I couldn't care less.

"Hey, Grace. Can I ask you something?" Ryker nervously rubbed the back of his neck and swallowed. 

"Of course." 

"Do you want to go to dinner with me, tonight? This isn't a date. More of an apology meal for yesterday. I mean it can be a date if you want..." He kept mumbling on so I interrupted him.

"I would love to go out with you, on a date." He smiled the brightest smile I have ever seen. His large hands wrapped around my waist as he pulled me into a hug. 

"Brilliant. Be ready to leave at 7, and dress up. I need to handle a few things but see you later." I nodded and he disappeared into one of the many offices.

This date was risky. I spent most of last night and this morning trying to figure out just how I felt about Ryker. I wanted to hate him, but I just couldn't. Everything he did was to keep me safe, even if he went about it the wrong way. 

It had been a couple of hours since I had seen anyone and I was super nervous about the date. I had already showered and straightened my hair, but I had no idea what to wear. I rummaged through my wardrobe. My hands grazed the silk material of a dress I was never brave enough to wear. If I wanted to make an impression this dress would be it. I put the dress on and checked it out in the mirror.

It was a deep red with a very low, sweetheart neckline. It was sleeveless and was tight around my waist. The skirt flowed to the floor with a large slit showing off the whole of my left leg. I paired the stunning dress with some high black heels and a black clutch. My make-up was kept simple. I hoped this wasn't too much.

It was 7:01 so I went to find Ryker. He wasn't in the kitchen or the living room so I guess he was still in his office. I knocked on the door but there was no reply. I was about to open the door but I was stopped by a low voice.

"Holy shit Grace." I turned around to see Ryker in a well-fitting, all-black suit. He looked truly splendid. 

"You look very handsome," I said as I walked towards him. He gently kissed my cheek.

"Well if I hadn't booked the table I would take you right here." I blushed a deep red, the same colour as my dress.

"Let's get going beautiful." He chuckled lowly and led me towards a black sports car. He opened the passenger door and helped me in.

The engine roared and we sped into town. He pulled up outside of a gorgeous restaurant. The walls were all windows. Ryker helped me out of the car and we walked in. A lady led us to our seats and handed us a menu. I was still in awe of the restaurant, it was so romantic. 

"What can I get for you today handsome?" The waitress batted her eyes at Ryker and completely ignore me. Ryker was about to talk when I cut him off.

"I suggest you stop looking at my boyfriend like that. Anyway, I will have the pesto pasta." She looked between us and apologised. Ryker ordered a steak and chips then took a sip of his beer.

"Boyfriend huh? I thought you hated me." He chuckled.

"She looked like she wanted to rip your clothes off, and I guess I don't hate you anymore. Tell me about yourself, Ryker. I feel like I don't know anything about your life." The waitress placed our food down and left. 

"Well, there isn't much to say. My parents were murdered a few years ago. They were leaving the gang life behind, Tommy my advisor had filled in as leader until I decided what I wanted. I never planned on taking the gang back but after my parent's murder, I wanted to get my revenge. I never found the killer, it's as if they don't exist. That's basically everything. Now tell me about you." He summed up his whole past as if it were nothing.

"I am sorry for your loss." I squeezed his hand.

"Don't be. There was nothing any of us could've done." He smiled and I started with my not-so-happy life story.

"So when I was 13 my dad started drinking again. He...umm... He used to come home drunk and beat me. I tried to go to my mum for help but she was so drugged up all the time she simply didn't care. When I was 16 she moved to Spain with her new boyfriend. That left me with my abusive father. I met Dylan when I was 17. He helped me to understand my strength, I trained to fight, learned how to shoot. Then one day my dad came home really drunk. I wasn't planning on doing what I did but it happened. He was holding a baseball bat. I thought he was going to kill me. Dylan had left one of his guns in my room, I ran and got it. I told my dad to stay back or I would shoot him. He didn't listen so that's what I did. I killed my own dad. Dylan came over and helped me get rid of the body. When I was 19 I left Dylan, he was too controlling. That's about it really."

Ryker was looking at me with admiration and pity. I smiled and continued eating. I refused to let my past haunt me. I also refused to let anyone break me the way that my father did.

"You are truly amazing Grace. I have never met anyone quite like you." I smiled. 

 Well, it would appear that I have officially fallen for Ryker.