Grace

Dylan ran towards me. I turn to run but I'm not quick enough. His arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me to the floor. I squirm underneath his weight as he laughs more. 

"Well this is a familiar position isn't it?" I grunt as I continue to struggle under him. 

I pushed my hands into his face. He lifted my shoulders up and slammed them into the floor. Pain flared across my back as I dropped my hands and screamed.

"You can't beat me Grace. I am going to break you." He spat out.

I refused to let this monster break me. He did it once, but he would never do it again. With my new determination, I wriggled my knee upwards. Then rammed it into his groin. He cried out and rolled off of me. I took this opportunity to jump up. I slipped on the wet grass but refused to slow down as I ran back to the door.

James appeared in the doorway, knife in hand as he hobbled towards me. I slowed down. Mistake number 1.

"James go back inside now!" I shouted at him. Mistake 2. 

I looked behind me. Dylan had gone. I stopped running completely, squinting into the dark forest line to find him. Mistake 3.

"GRACE!" James' voice broke as he screamed. The only emotion his voice held was fear. 

I slowly turned back to face the house. Only I couldn't see the house. Dylan stood too close, his smile was dark and twisted. I tried to step back but he looped an arm around my waist. I became paralysed with fear. DO SOMETHING. My mind screamed at me but I didn't move. Mistake 4.

It happened so quickly. Dylan pulled a small syringe out of his pocket and plunged it into my neck. I whimpered. I pushed against Dylan and he let me go. I started to run towards James but my legs felt like lead. I stumbled slightly.

"You aren't going to get far Grace." I ignored him and tried to get to James, who was hobbling towards me. 

My knees buckled and I collapsed to the floor. I felt Dylan's hot breath on the back of my neck.

"How pathetic." He laughed and walked towards James.

I tried to get up, to help James but my body wouldn't move. I watched as James swung the knife at Dylan who dodged it effortlessly. He grabbed James' wrist and twisted until the knife dropped to the floor. Dylan then kicked James' legs, causing him to fall to his knees. 

"I'm not going to kill you yet. I need someone to let Ryker know I have my girl back" He said into James' ear. 

He then smashed James' head into his knee, knocking him out cold. 

"No..." I spluttered out. I kept trying to pull myself to my feet but nothing worked. My finger wouldn't even lift off of the floor. I was at Dylan's mercy and that scared me shitless.

"Now Grace, in a few minutes you will blackout and when you wake up, you will be where you belong." He crouched down and fisted my hair.

"With me." He finished as he spat in my face. I couldn't speak. I could move to wipe his saliva off of my cheek. I could only watch him with anger.

He rolled me into his arms, my body lay limp against his. We went to a truck. He called out to the driver who opened the boot. My vision started to fog. I tried to blink the growing darkness away but nothing worked.

"Looks like the drug is taking full effect." He said to the driver who laughed at me. 

I was unable to see anything at all but I was still conscious when he dropped my body into the boot of the truck and slammed it shut. I felt the engine rumble slightly but my whole body was becoming numb. I no longer had any fight left in me. My mind became blank as I lost consciousness.