Ryker

I slammed the car door shut. My heart hammered in my chest as we approached the front door. The man I had on guard was propped up against the side of the house. A small trail of blood trickled out of the corner of his mouth, landing on the handle of a small knife that was protruding from his chest. His dull eyes were wide open. There was not a drop of life left in him.

I nodded in respect and ran into the house. There was broken stuff everywhere but no sign of James. Carson paled at the sight. If Dylan had Grace, James was probably dead. I grasped Carson's shoulder as we pushed further into the wreck before us.

The dining room door banged shut with the force of the wind behind us. We both stilled. On the grass outside of the door was a body. A body Carson knew all too well. James. Carson collapsed to his knees; a silent sob left his body. I was about to comfort him when I noticed James' arm twitch. He wasn't dead.

"Carson," I said as his head snapped up to James' direction.

A half cry half laugh left his mouth as he ran towards James who had started to sit up. I watched as he pulled James towards him. I looked like he would never let go again.

The smile fell from my face as soon as it appeared. Where was Grace? I stalked towards James and Carson. Yanking the two apart by their collars.

"Where the fuck is Grace?" I spat out at James. His eyes welled with tears as he gazed down at the floor.

"He took her. I don't know where. I tried to stop him I really did but I couldn't. He was strong and I was weak. I am so sorry Ryker." He continued to hold him up by his collar, my anger not allowing me to let go. I know this wasn't his fault.

"Let go Ry," Carson warned as he stood to his feet. I watched as his hand edged towards his gun. He wouldn't kill me but he would definitely do some damage.

"I want to find Grace as badly as you do but this isn't helping." I roughly let go of James' collar. I couldn't bear to think about what Grace was going through.

"Carson call an emergency meeting now." He quickly tapped away on his phone as we walked to the meeting room.

It had been 10 minutes since the meeting was called and everyone had arrived. Their faces look solemn with the news of Grace. They all respected her greatly after the attack last night, she saved my life and many more.

"You all know what has happened. Dylan has Grace. I need all eyes open for any information. Jasper, you are my underground man. Any word on Dylan?" Jasper looked up at me.

"No boss. He has gone quiet. There is word that someone is working with him. Someone who knows you and the gang." My anger grew. A mole.

"Does anyone have any more useful information?" Carson butted in obviously sensing my rage.

They all shook their heads. All except one. A large man by the name of Craig stood to his feet. He was a man stuck in his ways. Believed men were all-powerful and women were meant to serve him. Last night Grace proved him wrong, she killed anyone in her way.

"We will find Grace, boss. I pledge my life to her protection." He said with his hand across his heart. The rest of the men stood up. Their actions mimicking Craigs'.

"We pledge our lives to her protection." My anger dissipated slightly. The last lady Craig and everyone else had pledged to was my mother. Many men died protecting my mother, and they would all die to protect Grace.

"Thank you. You are dismissed. Find whatever information you can. Anything of interest come straight to me." They all nodded and filed out of the room.

My hands rubbed my eyes. Guilt pooled inside of me. After last night I should never have left Grace alone. This was all my fault. I will go to the ends of the Earth to find Grace. My Grace. The Mafia's Grace.