26.

"There's five of us," Hedge whispered urgently. "And only one of him."

"Did you miss the fact that he's thirty feet tall?" Leo asked.

"Yeah come on hedge we'd need six people, that way everyone gets an even amount to bruise," Delta said.

"Not helping, Delta."

"Okay," Hedge said. "So you, me, Delta, and Jason distract him. Piper sneaks around and frees her dad."

They all looked at Jason.

"What?" Jason asked. "I'm not the leader."

"If you're not the leader then why the hell have we been listening to you and following you and your ideas this entire time? Idiot."

"Yes," Piper said. "You are."

It was true, even without his memories, Jason still had a kind of balance to him. Hera had kept the feelings of past battles and his ability to stay calm while in a battle.

"I hate to say it," Jason sighed, "but Coach Hedge is right. A distraction is Piper's best chance."

They couldn't sit there all day and talk about it, though. It had to be close to noon—the giant's deadline—and the ground was still trying to pull them down.

Leo looked at the construction equipment and took out the little toy he'd made on the climb.

  "What are you thinking Leo? Please tell me it's good." Delta asked.

"Let's boogie," he said. "Before I come to my senses."

"That doesn't tell me if it's good or not."

       Piper scrambled along the ridge, trying to keep her head down, while Leo, Jason, Delta, and Coach Hedge walked straight into the clearing.

Jason summoned his golden lance. He brandished it over his head and yelled, "Giant!" Which sounded pretty good but, also really weird, Delta never understood why people yelled so much during fights rather than focus on actually fighting but, hey to each their own, as long as they get the job done.

Enceladus stopped chanting at the flames when he heard the sound. He turned toward them and grinned, revealing fangs like a saber-toothed tiger's.

"Well," the giant rumbled. "What a nice surprise."

   "Technically we're not a surprised if you already knew we were coming here you bitch." Delta said.

Leo could be seen out of the corner of Delta's eyes, he stepped sideways, edging his way toward the bulldozer, wind-up toy still wrapped up in his hand.

Coach Hedge shouted, "Let the movie star go, you big ugly cupcake! Or I'm gonna plant my hoof right up your—"

"Coach," Jason said. "Shut up."

Enceladus roared with laughter. "I've forgotten how funny satyrs are. When we rule the world, I think I'll keep your kind around. You can entertain me while I eat all the other mortals."

"Is that a compliment?" Hedge frowned at Leo. "I don't think that was a compliment."

   "No, it's not a compliment." Delta yelled, "what the hell, can we focus on actual fighting now!"

Enceladus opened his mouth wide, and his teeth began to glow.

  "Okay forget I said anything," Delta said.

"Scatter!" Leo yelled.

Jason and Hedge dove to the left and Delta right as the giant blew fire. Leo dodged behind the bulldozer, then he ran to the right, heading for the tree harvester.