8.

"This is absolutely terrifying."

      Delta looked at the girl complaining, her wrist covering her forehead. "What? The S-uh.. the singing or the fact Drew's trying to give Memory Man flirt eyes, which by the way Sparky the Golden Retriever hasn't taken his eyes off you since you sat down." Delta mentally cursed herself for almost asking Piper about the scene in her head.

      Piper raised her head from its hiding state, looking over at Jason who did indeed have his eyes glued on Piper.

       "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" The 5'7 girl looked back at Delta only to see her eyes slightly glossed staring at the Hephaestus Section. Piper shook Delta's shoulders a couple times only for it to have no effect before she had to put her hand in front of Delta. "Does he suspect it's you? Even if he doesn't talk about his home life intentionally he's mentioned his mother in pretty good detail for someone whose one, ran away at a young age and two, doesn't like to talk about his past, so there's a chance."

     Delta sighed. "I don't know if he does, I left when he was about eight, promised to visit, never got to visit because I was a coward and ran from that thing, and just recently got back from being away for around seven years." Delta rubbed her right eye slowly and turned to Piper. "Plus it didn't seem like he recognized me, I haven't change much and my voice is almost the exact same as before, I'd be surprised if he even Remembers I existed."

     Before Piper could tell Delta that he had to of remembered Chiron made himself known by clopping his hooves on the ground.

"Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals." Delta put her arm around Piper before glancing at Leo and Jason. "I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached."

"Chiron your sounding like a school teacher again, you aren't in a classroom!" Chiron looked at Delta like she made the little girl that called to him say that. Which she didn't, she just suggested to the younger kids that when Chiron sounds like a teacher tell him. The only reason Jessica was so harsh is because she's just a intense 6 and 1/2 year old. (no she wasn't an Ares kid)

      "Right," Chiron continued clearly annoyed. "In a moment, I promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first—"

     "What about capture the flag?" Yelled somebody, most likely a Hermes' kid trying to get the Ares cabin mad, and as if on cue the Ares kids started to grumble about not playing, their boar head flag stared to move then other cabin causing Chiron to intrude on the complains.

      "Yes, I know the Ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

      "And kill people!" One of them shouted.

     Delta quickly turned to Piper whispering that they weren't even allowed to maim people in camp let alone kill them, along with a mention of a 'poor Chiron' because he kept getting interrupted by children.

         "However," the centaur said obviously exhausted. "Until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Cabin Nine, anything to report on that."

      Delta looked over at the Hephaestus group (mainly at Nyssa & Leo), but slightly different then other campers, Delta had a guilty look on her face from refusing to help with the dragon in fear of him reaching her through it, knowing that he would yell at her saying she disappointed him by breaking her promise and him telling her that was the worst thing possible thing that could happen to her.

Nyssa stood up shifting her weight from the left to the right side slowly, barely noticeably by campers. Leo looked toward Piper and Winked at her shooting finger guns, then Turned to Delta blinked twice, leaned back slightly then forward, gave her a small smile, and tapped on his hand a couple times. Piper looked at Delta, seeing her raise a eyebrow and move her hand faintly.

"What was that?" she whispered.

"It was nothing, just the fire getting a little bit close to my face for comfort."

The two were knocked out of their own world when Nyssa finally spoke up. ""We're working on it. "

     The Ares kids and a few other kids from the Athena starting complaining again.

  "How, Nyssa?" an Ares kid demanded.

  "Really hard," the brunette said.

  Nyssa sat down to a lot of yelling and complaining, which no doubt the girl didn't like, she always hated loud noises that weren't from the forge. The fire started to sputter chaotically from all the arguing. Chiron stamped his hoof against the fire pit stones and the campers fell silent—like they were actually afraid of getting no pudding for a week—

  "We will have to be patient," Chiron said. "In the meantime, we have more pressing matters to discuss. "

  "Percy?" A younger camper asked they had to have been at least 7, Hermes' kid by the looks of it, Delta had yet to meet her. The fire dimmed even further then before, in that moment Delta didn't think anybody needed the flames to sense the crowd's anxiety.

Chiron gestured to Annabeth. She took a deep breath and stood.

   "I didn't find Percy," she announced. Her voice caught when she said his name. "He wasn't at the Grand Canyon like I thought. But we're not giving up. We've got teams everywhere. Grover, Tyson, Nico, the Hunters of Artemis—" Annabeth paused glancing at Delta before continuing. "Everyone's out looking. We will find him. Chiron's talking about something different. A new quest. "

  "It's the Great Prophecy, isn't it?" The misunderstood bitch herself called out.

  Everyone turned. The voice was from a group in back, sitting under a rose-colored banner with a dove emblem. They'd been chatting among themselves and not paying much attention until their leader stood up: Drew.

  Everyone else looked surprised. Drew didn't address the crowd very often, but if they payed attention when she did they would know how much she cared for other campers and the importance of their safety.

  "Drew?" Annabeth said. "What do you mean?"

  "Well, come on. " Drew spread her hands like the truth was obvious, which honestly it was. "Olympus is closed. Percy's disappeared. Hera sends you a vision and you come back with three new demigods in one day. I mean, something weird is going on. The Great Prophecy has started, right?"

  Delta heard Piper whisper to Rachel, "What's she talking about—the Great Prophecy?"

     Delta turned Piper to look at her, "The Great Prophecy is practically a death trap and 'practically' is an understatement, so don't get involved." She whispered.

     Then Piper looked back at Rachel for a explanation before quickly realizing everyone else was looking at Rachel, too.

  "Well?" Drew called down. "You're the oracle. Has it started or not?"

  Rachel's eyes looked scary in the firelight. Delta was sure Piper was going to pass out, again, but luckily she didn't.

    Rachel forward calmly and addressed the camp.

  "Yes," she said. "The Great Prophecy has begun. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started writing : March 26, 2021
Published : May 6, 2021
Edited : ______ __, ____

Sorry for posting around a month and a half later then I said, I've had personal issues that caused like three breakdowns, but I'm back and going to be posting more for lost time. It's also 1am where I am, so yay.
Again sorry for the very late update, bye.

-Danica