Chapter Nineteen

“Your appearance is quite different to what I was informed.” He said, his voice sounding like death. I noticed that when he spoke, everyone listened. They were completely and utterly under his control. Severus pulled out my chair for me, before he sat in the seat to my left, placing his hand on my leg, letting me know that he was there for me.

“That means my sister, Erin, and I have played our roles well my Lord. I needed to keep myself hidden in order to be with Severus. My fiancee would hate that I was with another.” I explained briefly. If he was able to read Lucius’ thoughts I know that he would already know the story that I had fabricated.

“Indeed you have Willow.” He murmured looking at me appreciatively. I examined him quickly for myself. His hair was a dark brown, to match his eyes whilst his skin was pale and stretched over sharp cheekbones and a thin nose. He looked to be mid thirties, but he looked normal. How could such a monster live within? “Severus, wherever did you find this remarkable creature? She is absolutely captivating.” He asked the dark haired man to my left.

“My office, my lord. She was just rummaging through my stores… being nosy. At the time I had a few choice words to say on the matter.” He muttered simply.

“Oh come on now Severus, don’t be shy. We’re all friends here and we all want to know the story how you met. And how you managed to keep her interested.” The woman opposite me sneered. Her dark hair was unruly and messy, like a bird's nest. Her skin was pale, just like everyone elses in the room, yet she stood out.

“The dark lord doesn’t have time for silly stories Bella.” Severus replied cooly, clenching his hand in my dress slightly. The woman ‘Bella’ just smirked at us, I could feel her mind pushing at my barriers, trying to penetrate them. This continued, much to her frustration, until the door banged open and in ran a man, perhaps a few years older than Severus and myself, with scrappy, thin brown hair that was scraped back into a low ponytail where a few wisps had escaped.

“Yaxley, your arrival is very opportune. What is this news that you have?” Lord Voldemort asked as the man took a seat in the middle of the long table.

“There have been reports of a shifter my Lord, like the one before, the one who refused to join. There are rumours that this one possesses more power.” He gasped. Severus’ hand, if possible, tightened more in the silks of my gown making it very clear to me that it was I they were talking about.

“Any news of their whereabouts? We need to infiltrate and persuade them before the order get the chance. We cannot lose this one as well! I will not be undermined again!” Voldemort demanded, his voice raised slightly.

“Not yet sire.” He mumbled, lowing his head slightly at his failure.

“My lord…” I said hesitantly, causing everyone’s attention to snap back at me.

“How dare you call him that! You are not one of his! One of us!” Bella roared in anger, she nearly leapt over the table to grab me… she would have done too if Voldemort hadn’t stopped her.