Chapter Eleven

It was around four o’clock when I had finished in the hospital wing, which left me with two hours to get ready for my ‘date’, as the Quidditch teams called it. I had to find something that was warm but sexy. Do those to adjectives even exist together? Most of my wardrobe consisted of big, baggy jumpers and warm, fuzzy hats. Comfort is was I described as warm, not sexy. Sexy meant barring skin in either a short dress or skirt. Anyway how cold should I be dressing for, it isn’t even October so it isn’t exactly cold yet. Ugh stupid men, they never give women all the information they need!

After rummaging through my wardrobe, for about an hour, I finally settled on an oversized red jumper, with a black vest underneath of course for extra layers. A pair of black jeans that just about still fit me and a pair of heeled combat style boots. I decided to pair it with a long gold necklace that was once my mothers. I grabbed a large back handbag so that I could put a book in, I never go anywhere without a book. My necessities: hand cream, mascara, lip gloss, a pair of flat shoes in case my feet get sore, and at the last minute I decided to throw a coat and a scarf in as well, not really sure what I was supposed to be expecting.

Noticing I didn’t really have much time to mess about with my hair, I just left it down, before I made my way to the entrance hall. When I arrived, Demetrius was already there, standing there proudly in what I presumed to be his staff uniform at Durmstrang.

“O, kolko e krasiva!” He said in a foreign language, which I presumed was Bulgarian, a look of awe on his face. “Red really suits you, it is much better than green.” He said as he grabbed my hand and kissed it. “Shall we go? I have lots to show you, but very little time.” He said, before he started leading me out of the door and down the hill towards Hogsmeade.

“I hate to break it to you Demetrius, but I’ve already seen Hogsmeade.” I said once I saw where we were going.

“No, no, no silly one. We are not going here.” He said gesturing to the small village. “Take my arm please.” He demanded more than requested. The moment my hand touched the crook of his arm, I felt the feeling of side aparation take over me. A feeling that normally made me vomit when I got to my destination. It was like being squeezed through a tube from your belly button, it was the opposite of pleasant. “We are coming here.” Demetrius said as soon as we arrived, however I didn’t manage to take a look at where we were before I threw up my lunch, just missing his nice shiny shoes.

“I’m so sorry, it’s just that side aparation makes me feel ill.” I explained as I wiped my mouth with the tissue he provided.

“No worries, it cannot be helped.” He said as he held my hair away from my face. After I’d finished cleaning myself up I looked up to see where we were and my jaw dropped at the pure beauty of the place.  The sun was just setting above the town, making the sky turn a brilliant orange; there was already snow across the ground. Lights were on in the town, but on top of the hill stood a large castle, not too different from Hogwarts. “Miss Erin Hanley, welcome to Veliko Tarnovo. This beautiful town is where I get to teach for a large part of the year and during the summer is the town I live in. And… it is also coincidently the town that I grew up in and where my parents still live.” Demetrius informed me.

“I’m not going to meet them tonight am I?” I questioned, slightly scared and also a little bit cold. I dug through my bag to find my coat and scarf, however I fear that they did little to take the chill off.