chapter 10: danixus

Elva awoke to the sound of voices only it wasn't Lucian or Aderynn she slowly looked around to see two people rummaging through their belongings .

Apparently they hadn't seen her yet so she calmly sat up as silent as she could and moved to wake up Aderynn and Lucian on the other side of the cave she was almost there when suddenly one of them grabbed her wrist
"where do you think your going ?? "

elva kicked him as hard as she could he somehow managed to keep his balance and grip although it was weakened  elva seeing this a moment to free herself ripped her arm out of his grip turning to run only to see the other one had already moved behind her making it impossible for her to escape.

"Really drystan ? You couldn't hold her for two more seconds ?"

"She kicks ...hard "

She was trapped between the two of them . She screamed but neither Aderynn or Lucian came to her aid

"They can't help you . They couldn't even help themselves "

One of them wrapped an arm around her while the other pulled a small vile out of a pouch attached to their belt elva tried as best as she could to fight back flailing her arms and legs trying to free herself

"Stop it !!" The one with the vile shouted  as she was trying to pin her legs down
"If you keep fighting it's just gonna get worse ."

Once they finally managed to get  her pinned down ,they held the vile to her nose watching as she breathed it in she started to cough violently her body felt as if it was on fire until she stopped moving and fell slowly into unconsciousness .

"I am so not carrying her back "

                               ~ ~ ~
When Lucian regained his consciousness he found  elva and Aderynn were already awake he also found that they were not where they originally were .

Instead they were in a dark room with a wall of what looked like bones... human bones .

"Where are we ?!?"he asked with concern and panic leaking through his voice .

Elva rolled her eyes

"My guess would be the dungeons of danixus ."

The dungeons of danixus ...Lucian had heard about these when he was younger they were located in the kingdom of danixus otherwise known as the kingdom strength one of the four  kingdoms of veld . The dungeons were used as a form of torture, victims were trapped in a dark room with no food no water and no light the only thing in there was the bones of those trapped  before you .

"But how did we..."

A door opened all of the sudden and three  guards came in

"Rise !! The queen wishes to speak with you ." Aderynn ,elva ,and Lucian were  all  forced to stand as they were lead out of the room and into the blinding light .

"Do not touch me !!" Aderynn shouted as she ripped her way free of the guards grip . Elva  did the same she pulled her self free by taking  her chains to the guards throat pulling him down with her then using her feet to push his body directly over her and slamming him down on the ground .

Lucian watched her do this stunned. She could kill him and he wouldn't be able to fight back .

Snapping out of his temporary daze he reached for his sword only to find that once again his sword was not there . Instead he grabbed a decorative  statue head and slammed it over the guards head knocking him out cold .

"Not bad farmboy ." Elva told him

He smiled " you did pretty good yourself "

Aderynn glared at him "let's move "

They began to run . Ducking and dodging any of the guards attempts to stop them they tried not to attack only to run unless it was absolutely necessary .

They had finally come close to escaping . When a woman who was dressed in a specially designed suit of armor stopped them.

Elva was ready to fight but Aderynn looked at her in a strange way ,a way that made elva back down almost immediately .

"Aderynn my old friend !! "

"Hello,Morana"

"So you remember me !!" The woman smiled

"How could I forget ,I mean you did slay my people "

"Still upset about that are you ?? "

Aderynn was silent

"Well you did kill my husband "

" Which one ?"

"That's fair I guess ,so what do you say we throw all of this behind us hmm??"

"Are you proposing a truce"

"Better . I'm proposing an alliance "

"An alliance ??"

"That's right . See the queen of voldena and I aren't quite getting along right now she thinks she can march into my territory and do as she pleases and you know how much I hate that . "

"So you want my help ??"

"My my you catch on fast and we can also have your little  friends join us and ...oh my goodness !!Lucian is that you ?? "

Lucian's mind went blank how did she know him ??

"Oh it is!! I haven't seen you since you were a baby you have Silva's eyes  "she claimed rushing towards him taking his face into her hands inspecting it .

"Your so handsome , and so strong too" she said moving on to his arms feeling his muscles and body structure " Your a perfect match for my Esmeray !!"

"I'm sorry ." He said as he moved away from her "you are who exactly ?"

"Oh that's right you don't remember do you ??" She smiled a little "It's me Queen Morana your parents used to bring you to visit when you were younger you would often play with my children drystan and Esmeray ."

Elva's eyes widened "Drystan ??"
She had heard that name last night when she was taken captive .

"Yes that's what I said . . ."she paused as she studied Elva's face "I'm afraid I don't remember you . Is she your sister Lucien ??"

"No ...no .. she's a friend !!"

"Hey your the girl that kicked me !!" Another voice entered the conversation all heads turned to the stairs to see two identical children likely the same age as Elva and Lucian .

"You!!" Elva called as she moved forward to attack . the boy let out a slight Yelp and jumped behind the girl "Such a coward " she rolled her eyes  Aderynn grabbed Elva's wrist stopping her from going forward .

"Relax elva "

"Fine ,just let go !!" Elva pulled back her wrist which Aderynn let go  causing her to fall backwards into Lucian knocking both of them to the ground .

"Are you.. ??"

"I'm fine !" Elva said stubbornly as she stood up  "Now where did you put our belongings !?!" She questioned 

"You'll get them back child .you shouldn't worry yourself with such things at the moment we have more important matters to discuss ,Esmeray run to the chef and tell him to prepare some lunch we have company ."

"Yes mother ." The girl on the stairs said before walking off her brother trailed behind her "Drystan, you'll wait here your going to take these two to the dining room while I speak with Aderynn for a moment. "

"But mother.." he protested

"But nothing ..get moving "

"Elva don't start any fights I will only be a moment "Aderynn said

Elva rolled her eyes .

"Follow me " Drystan said walking in front of Lucian trying to keep clear of elva .

Lucian couldn't help but smile maybe just maybe he would find a way home .