chapter 17 : past

Davina dropped to the floor .tears streaming down her face .

Silva immediately knelt by her side

"It's you ... You're my daughter . " She choked out .

Elva stood up . Her heart was racing and her breathing was heavy.

"Elva ??" Aderynn asked noticing her strange behavior .

Elva was silent .

"Elva are you alright ??"

Elva ran ,she didn't say anything she just ran . Down the hallways up the stairs . So many stairs she didn't know where she was going she just had to leave .

Finally she stopped at the top of a tower. She sat on the windowsill and stared out into the forest .

She didn't know how to feel so she didn't. She just sat there afraid to think and feel .

~ ~ ~

Davina paced the floor

"I'm sorry for causing trouble lady Aderynn ."

"No your alright it's just too much for her to handle at the moment .she'll be back ."

Davina nodded .

"She's been alone her whole life you know ... There aren't many people running around in the forest these days . "

"I never meant for this to happen ... I wanted her ... I loved her . She was my baby ... And now I don't even know her ."

"Yes well from her perspective it's the opposite . "

"I shouldn't have said anything ..."

"No ... She needs this ... But she also needs time "

"Lucian what are you doing up !!! " Silva scolded turning Davina's attention to her .

"Mother I can't stay in that room all day ."

"Believe me your majesty we've been trying to convince him to stay in there but he was going to leave whether we helped him or not ." Drystan said from Lucian's side .

"Very well ... At least set him on the chair it's not good for him to be up."

Drystan and Esmeray moved him towards the chair as Esmeray muttered about something .

"Where's elva ??" Lucian asked .

"We... don't know at the moment . "

"What to you mean you don't know ?"

"Well she ran off ... but I'm sure she'll come back ." Silva assured him

"Of course she did I shouldn't have invited her to stay in Liveria I made a mistake ..."

"You what ?!?" Aderynn questioned.

"No Lucian it's more complex then that ... I mean we just discovered that she's Davina's daughter so she ..."

"Davina has a daughter ?!?"

"Yeah it's almost as shocking as the fact that you invited elva to Liveria !!"

"Well it's only for a few days I promise I didn't mean anything by it !!"

"I will still kill you you know ."

"No you most certainly will not ."

"No offense your majesty but isn't he already dying ??" Drystan chimed in

"What ?! " Lucian asked concerned

The whole room erupted in argument

"THAT'S ENOUGH ." Morana shouted as she marched into the room due to all the noise "honestly what's gotten into all of you ?!? "