chapter 7: truth

"yes ,as a matter of fact there is ,your wife has accused of murdering my own child  " Darien said angrily

The king turned to his wife
"how do you know this? In all of our friendship I've never seen Darien glance at a woman and your accusing him of murdering his own child ?!"

"I know it is true my love you must believe me !! If you heard the things that I heard ..."

"From your maid !! Who is to say she hasn't been lying to you !!!" Darien shouted

"Don't you dare accuse her of lying!!  " The queen fired back

"Enough " the king spoke harshly Silva do you have any proof that this is true ? "

"No ,but I'm sure I can .."

"Then that's enough ,leave it be I'm sure this is all a misunderstanding you should go get some rest Darien and I will be leaving to find Lucian shortly "

"But I..."

"Go Silva"

The queen sighed before walking out the door stopping to glare at Darien on her way out ,she would prove this one way or another .

                              ~ ~ ~
"Well stop by the stream to get some water and then we'll continue on our way " Aderynn said as she walked.

   Lucian's feet ached ,his back hurt and his head was pounding finally happy to get a break he dropped his bag and laid down in the grass not caring if it scratched him .

"Your not exhausted already are you ??" Elva asked teasingly as she sat  down beside him .

"If I am you can't blame me " he responded propping himself up on his elbows elva chuckled

"Well you don't have to worry for much longer we'll be there in about a day and half " she said "then you can finally go home and "what was it you do there ??"

Lucian thought for a moment he didn't want to tell her he was royalty actually he didn't feel like royalty he was constantly pressured by his people whenever he went out  and he never had any peace he realized that this was his chance to be normal .

"Farming ,my father is a farmer " he finally decided .elva raised her eyebrow "I see , so you grow crops "

He nodded "yes carrots, tomatoes, potatoes ,corn ,and lots of other veggies and stuff "

"And stuff??" She questioned he was about to respond when Aderynn spoke up we should get moving ,something is coming our
way "

Elvas ears perked up "I hear it to ,something is disrupting the forest ,we should go. now  !!"with that elva let to her feet grabbing her bag from the rock she placed it on . Lucian. Got up as well his muscles still aching .

Aderynn and elva began running ,Lucian following behind apparently he wasn't going fast enough ,so elva grabbed his hand pulling him along after her once they got a safe enough distance away .. at least far enough to stop for a moment long enough to hide the bags .

They nestled them behind a rock under some leaves and twigs hiding them thoroughly . They began running again and elva once more took Lucian's hand as they ran helping him keep pace .

Finally they stopped  in a well hidden area in the trees ,elva let go of Lucian's hand and sat next to a small rock and Lucian sat leaning against a larger one Aderynn stayed standing looking for anyone that followed them .

                             ~ ~ ~
"What was that ??" Cassian asked the captain ero (the captain of the guards ) " I have no idea ,your majesty, although it's quite common for rabbits and other small creatures to be caught running around this part of the forest "

"No it was something else ." Darien spoke up "how can you be so sure your highness ?" Ero asked

"do rabbits carry daggers ??"
He gestured toward the stream .Cassian  dismounted his horse and picked the small dagger up.

It looked like it hadn't been used. It was still in it's case it was very detailed and we'll made. It looked to be made out of silver ,the handle had a diamond in it .

"It must've cost a fortune!!" ero gasped  "Indeed .Something like this is very hard to find .So what is it doing out here ??" Cassie wondered aloud .

"Someone must've dropped it on their way through " Darien stated "I'll hold onto it " both Cassian and ero looked at him "well someone has to do it . Unless you want to leave it here for someone else to find  "

Cassian handed it over "we should get moving I need to find my son before dark ." He said as he mounted his horse .ero and Darien did the same .

Darien looked at the dagger . They're was no denying it this dagger had belonged to her ...