chapter6:dragons

In the kingdom ...the queen paces her room curious as to why davina had refused to help her  she rang the bell for davina to bring her some tea . In truth,she didn't want tea she just wanted to speak with her .

Click clack Davina's heels hit the marvel floor as she rushed to the queen's room to deliver her tea but before she could get far she collided with someone as she rounded the corner .

"My apologies ,I'm so very sorry I wasn't watching my step I..."she stopped talking once she noticed who it was ... king Darian .without another word she rose to her feet and began walking back to the kitchen as quickly as she could

"Davina!!" He called after her she didn't respond he quickly rushed after her "davina would you just listen to me " he grabbed her wrist pulling her back towards him she tried to rip her wrist away but his grip was too tight and she couldn't free it .

"Let go of me !! " She cried "not until you listen "he responded"someone help !!!" She called out. He immediately let go not wanting to cause trouble as soon as she was free she ran into the kitchen and collapsed against the door .

                                ~~~
"Dragons ??" Lucian asked ."like the myths and legends my father used to tell me ?"

"Exactly like the myths and legends ." Aderynn stated

"But aren't they all ...you know dead??"

Aderynn sighed "almost all of them ,there were a few survivors.. a family " she spoke sadly "but your people  came along and destroyed them  leaving only one survivor."

Lucian felt terrible ,"but that's unfair !!" He said angrily Aderynn looked at him wondering if maybe he wasn't as awful as she had originally thought .
" You should get some rest we have along day ahead ." She said as she stood up and headed to her own bed on the opposite side of the room . He nodded as he took one of the blankets he was given and made himself comfortable near the fire .

He drifted off thinking of all the terrible things his people had done .

                             ~~~
"Your majesty !!"  Davina called as she rushed into the queen's room .

"Davina ?" The queen asked

"I'm sorry your majesty I ...I can't keep it in any more" davina spoke with tears streaming down her face .

"Oh davina "the queen said rushing her to have a seat ."what's wrong ??
have I done something ??"

"No your majesty ,it's ..it's king Darien I... "Davina sighed "  .. I loved him ..with all of my heart and he loved  me "

Queen silva gasped  Love ? Is that why Davina didn't want to look into him?? because she loved him ?

Davina continued " we had a child a daughter , but he he wasn't willing to take care of her so he took her from me ..and he ..he " she struggled on "he killed her ..he killed my child .. I couldn't even name her "

The queen took her hands as davina rested her head on the queen's shoulder weeping . Her tears soaked into her  night gown  but she didn't mind .

"He will pay Davina ,I assure you this is unacceptable even for a king ."

Davina just nodded unable to speak .

Soon after she drifted off into sleep and the queen laid her down to let her rest ,before going to speak with king Darien

She knocked hard on his door not caring If she woke him or not .He answered

"Ah your majesty " he gestured for her to come inside ."how may I assist you ?" He asked

"I know what you have done " she stated

"Is that so ?" Darien questioned "and what have I done ?"

"You killed a child !! Your child ."

A look of surprise crossed his face "you spoke with Davina .. whatever that woman told you is not true she is a liar a terrible one at that "

"How dare you ,she came to me in tears and after what you've done I can hardly blame her !!"

Just then king Cassian entered the  room .

"What has happened ??  Is something wrong ??"