CHAPTER 3 : A LONG JOURNEY

After about an hour or 2 of convincing elva that he wouldn't kill her Lucian finally regained his sword . He and elva had begun packing up things they would need to survive the trip back to Liveria .

Apparently the forest was much more dangerous than Lucian had originally thought . Or so said Elva .

Apparently well he was sleeping she had actually saved his life . Because many terrible creatures roam about the forest it is not recommended to sleep out in the open . So by bringing him to her cave ,she had rescued him from an unknown death .

Once again he had found himself staring at her as she placed her wooden dishes into her makeshift bag .

Looking up at him she appeared confused " do you have a staring problem ? " She asked. his eyes widened in surprise .

"What no ... I  was just ..." He stumbled over his words .she just started laughing ," you have a very funny face , it's all red " she spoke between her laughter .

He couldn't help but smile , but that smile faded as he remembered what he was trying to explain . "Hey elva why don't you live in  Liveria like the rest of us ?"

Her laughter stopped ." Just because I have agreed to help you find your way home does not mean I trust you ."she said before simply grabbing her bag and swinging it over her shoulder . Leaving Lucian confused .

"Everything is ready we should leave now . " She stated he nodded "how long will it be before we get there ??" He asked . "No idea ,if I'm being honest I don't even know where this Liveria is ." She answered.

He stood there in shock "Then how do you plan on helping me get there ?!?"

"I know someone who can help .She knows the forest well ." Lucian couldn't believe what he was hearing he was putting his faith in a complete stranger who had know idea where she was going ?!.

While he was thinking he hadn't noticed her starting to walk off into the forest " Are you coming or not ?!" She asked knocking him out of his daze . He just started to follow her not saying anything.

The first few hours of the trip were quiet neither of them had much to say . It wasn't until late in the afternoon when they were finding a suitable place to camp ,that Lucian spoke up

" So how long will it take to reach this friend of yours ?" Without looking back at him she responded

"about 3 days "

"Then how far from there to Liveria ?" She sighed "I don't know where Liveria is or we would be heading there ,sorry to disappoint you Luther ,but I can't exactly navigate my way through the entire forest in one  day !!" She said angrily storming off leaving a very confused Lucian.

"Actually my name is Lucian  !!" He called

"Whatever!! " She responded . After he caught up with her they spent the rest of the trip in silence .

                               ~ ~ ~

Lucian sighed as the water flowed over him they had been walking all day and finally he had a chance to relax and rethink everything that had happened .

This was a mess ,his father had left him the only person who could help him didn't know her way out of the forest and of course she hated him or at least it seemed that way .

Meanwhile well Lucian was bathing elva was sitting at camp with her own thoughts running wild in her head ,why had she even agreed to help him ?was she really that lonely ?

She shook her head as if to clear out her thoughts all she knew was the sooner he was gone the sooner the forest would be at peace ,and life would go on just as it had before .