-13-

"It isn't what we say or think that define us, but what we do."-Jane Austen

When he got to the floor where her father was staying, she was not there. However, Valentina was. She was sitting outside with her phone in hand. She looked at him and immediately stood up.

"We need to talk!" She told him in an icy voice. Her eyes were unfriendly, but there was something about her demeanor that confused him.

He nodded and followed her toward the staircase.

"I don't know what lies you have told my sister, but I know exactly who you are..." Those words surprised him and he took a step back, hitting the wall in back of him.

"Wait, you lied that day. You acted like you didn't know me, when you actually did. Why did you lie then?!"

He looked at her with both hurt and anger, his big brown eyes glaring at her. 

Valentina didn't meet his gaze, her eyes fell on a small window just right of them. Dylan noticed that there was no sense of guilt in her eyes, and instead she seemed to be hiding a mocking smile. A smile that she was failing to mask.

"You-You are acting like I'm some creep when the truth is that you do know who I am, why are you pretending not to know?" He asked, coming closer.

Valentina put up her arm, so that he wouldn't move a step closer toward her. Her eyes were distant, "You really are dense...it's been eleven years, we were kids when we made that promise."

"Then...you do remember the promise?" He said, pointing his finger at her. 

Valentina smirked, "I am not some idiot. I remember everything, but just because I do, it doesn't mean that I actually meant any of that...just forget about me and leave my family alone."

She turned over and was ready to head back toward the hall when she saw Regina.

 "What is going on?" Regina asked. It seemed like she hadn't heard anything that Valentina had told Dylan.

"Nothing, I'm just talking to the Doctor here," she motioned to Dylan, but didn't look at him. "I'll go and check on Dad now," she said, before leaving them.

Regina looked at Dylan, there was something suspicious going on and she wouldn't leave Dylan alone until she figured out what it was all about.

"Come with me." he finally said.

He had a serious look on his face, that wouldn't go away. 

They ended up heading out to a small cafe a few blocks away from the hospital. The place was quaint and had very few people. Regina didn't order anything for herself, she had eaten a few minutes before. Dylan opted for some coffee, because he wasn't feeling hungry.

He had been rehearsing what he would say to her. How he could say it without it hurting her feelings and making her upset.

"What is going on?" She asked.

Dylan looked out the window trying to muster all his courage, before he looked back toward her. " Your sister...what she said this morning, there is some truth to it."

Regina looked at him confused. "What-what do you mean?"

"Do you remember when I told you that I had been in a one-way relationship for eleven years?"

Regina nodded still completely confused.

Dylan took a deep breath, he could feel his heart beating faster than usual. "That girl...it was your sister, Valentina."