-1-

"It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it..." -Paulo Coelho

On a sunny afternoon, in a beautiful city known as Mont, a man wandered aimlessly like a kite during a storm. His steps were robotic, and his expression was that of a zombie. Eventually, out of pure luck he found himself in the middle of a plaza.

People strolled through the busy plaza, often bumping into him. He was a boat without any passengers, stranded and floating aimlessly, eventually crashing onto other boats. He slightly bowed, apologizing, but did not meet their gazes and instead continued on.

Eventually, he managed to find a bench near the center of the plaza. As he was about to sit, his phone rang. He pulled it out, and noticed the familiar name on the screen.

"Hello," he said, as he answered the phone. He looked down at the diagonal shaped concrete that adorned the plaza.

"Dylan, bro, how have you been? I heard that you were in the city. We should meet..."

Dylan looked over ahead. The bench was warm, from the hot sun, but he didn't move and instead got lost in thought.

That same morning, Dylan Ren had woken up with a purpose. That purpose was to keep a promise he had made eleven years before, on a sunny afternoon in the middle of June.

Like many in downtown Mont, he was a foreigner. He had driven six hours to the city, only to meet with one person. It was ludicrous, some had said. However, eleven years had gone by, and his heart still felt the same way.

People say that positive thinking is the key to a good outcome, and he had followed that advice naively and wholeheartedly. Everything seemed destined, his chance had been handed to him. The drama, A Rainfall of Love, was in need of extras. The poster had been uploaded and adorned every telescreen in the city, and bombarded social media. It's destiny, he thought, as he signed up.

A Rainfall of Love, had proven to be a success, and it was all thanks to the female lead, Tina. Valentina, known in the media as Tina, was a twenty-five years old model turned actress who had made the public fall in love with her face and charisma. Her talent and beautiful features had everyone falling for her. Eleven years ago, she had also won over the heart of Dylan Ren.

As he walked toward the filming site, he thought about her. The girl he had met so unexpectedly. He remembered the sound of her voice, and her smile as she looked at him. He remembered the promise they had made, as their fingers intertwined, shooting electricity through his whole body.

"You better look for me!" she shouted, as she walked away that June.

He had prepared. The night before, he had been rehearsing his lines. The lines of his own love story. They were lines he knew by heart after eleven years, but the excitement and nervousness made him uneasy. His life would change completely after he uttered those words. He had to get them right.

He did his best to follow directions during the filming. Afterward, the drama had permitted a mini fan meeting, as a token of gratitude toward the fans who had shown up. Even though he expected it, he couldn't help the tingling in his gut at the thought of seeing Valentina again. His breath hitched as he got closer and closer to the moment.

However, nothing would prepare him for the moment their eyes met. While the filming was a success, and every minute increased his anticipation, all hope deflated the moment he stood in front of her. He felt like a balloon, quickly losing air.

Even though some time had gone by, their features had not changed much. She was still the girl with high cheekbones and pouty lips, her eyes upturned and gleaming. He, himself, had changed very little as well. However, it didn't matter.