-27-

" All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" -Edgar Allen Poe

The large king size bed was the problem that Regina and Dylan had to face together. In her daze, Regina had almost completely dismissed the fact that she and Dylan were married. Hence, they had to share a bedroom.

Mrs. Kendall was a woman of insight, and she had arranged for the bed to look presentable and appropriate for a newly married couple. A heart shaped by roses, and a hint of incense that filled the room.

"Seriously!" Regina muttered, as she ran toward the windows to open them up. Dylan was still downstairs, so she did her best to ventilate and clean up the room before he arrived. When he did, it was as if nothing had ever happened.

"Well," he said, when he noticed that there was only one bed.

Regina gave him a sheepish smile. "I think that one of us should sleep in the couch tonight, you know,"

Dylan shrugged. He went over toward it, but before he could do so, Regina stopped him.

"It was my fault that this all happened; I think it is appropriate that I sleep here," she said.

Dylan shook his head. "I don't think it would be correct if I let you sleep there, it looks really uncomfortable." He told her, trying to dissuade her.

Regina shook her head, and looked at the couch. However, the couch was most likely not the most comfortable. It was evident that the Kendall's had chosen the couch for aesthetic purposes and not for it's comfort value. When she sat on it, she realized that it was perhaps the most uncomfortable piece of furniture that she had ever encountered.

"Who puts such an old and uncomfortable couch in such a pretty room?" she whispered to herself as she tried to adjust herself so that it wouldn't hurt her butt.

Despite intending to be quiet and discrete, Dylan had heard her grumbling. "Stand up," he said.

Regina looked at him a bit confused.

"Gi, are you a pervert?" His question caught her a bit off guard. The event of that night blazed through her eyes, before she caught herself and calmed her anxious heart.

"N-no, why would you say that?" She said, feeling both guilt and offense in his words.

"Do you think I'm a pervert?" His eyes were dripping with sincerity as they looked at her, and she knew that he would never hurt her intentionally.

She shook her head. "No, I don't think you are." She finally answered.

"Will you take advantage of me tonight, and try to steal my honor?" She knew that he was being serious, but she couldn't help but chuckle like an immature school girl.

"Gi," he said, looking at her like Mrs. Kendall did when she wasn't taking things seriously enough.

"No. I won't." She answered.

"Good. I also won't take advantage of you and steal your honor." He said, before heading toward the large king size bed.

"Wait," Regina said, grabbing onto his shirt.

Dylan stopped and turned over to her. 

"Don't you think it's a little inappropriate. I mean--"

She knew that she was overthinking it. They had been living together for some time, and he had never disrespected her in any way. In fact, Dylan was possibly the definition of a gentleman. He never said anything mean or out of line. Despite the pain Valentina had caused him, he not once spoke ill of her. Dylan Ren was perhaps too good to be true.