-5-

"Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not." -Oscar Wilde

After not being able to concentrate on her script, she decided to stop working and turned off her laptop. She grabbed both her laptop and script and went up to her room. When she walked back downstairs again, Dylan was no longer in sight. She decided to watch some TV in order to distract herself.

She browsed around for a couple of minutes before she found a soap opera with Valentina, her sister, in it. She decided to watch it though she wasn't really interested in the plot. Dylan came in a few minutes later though he no longer had his book with him. His phone was lying on the couch and he grabbed it and got ready to head out again.

"I'm heading to the store, is there something you'd like for dinner?" He asked. Regina looked at him and nodded, before she realized that she no longer had any pads.

"Actually, let me go with you."

The pair ended up at a store a few kilometers away from the house. Dylan had heard that it was a common spot to see celebrities, but his intention was really the opposite. He had not wished to go there, and had avoided it in the past. However, Regina thought it was the closest and more convenient choice.

"I don't know my way though," Dylan told her once they entered the store. He scratched the back of his arm and looked down at the ground, trying not to think about that certain person that would sometimes pop into his head when he least wished. 

"It's fine. I'll lead you." Said the brunette, completely oblivious to his inward battle. 

On their way to the meat section, she had stopped like a deer looking at coming headlights. Dylan looked at her, before she suddenly sped toward the candy isle. Dylan followed behind a bit confused. She grabbed a few bags and placed them on the kart.

"That is not healthy," He informed her. Regina looked at him scrunching her nose.

"This is for me Doc, I will not feed it to you, so please, "She looked away immediately after she said that. It was perhaps, their first argument. 

Dylan smirked and shrugged before continuing on his way, not bothering to wait for her. 

Regina glared at him. Dylan's healthy lifestyle was another pet peeve of hers. He often opted for healthy options when he went to the store, this was also the case when he prepared their food. So far, Regina had eaten around two dishes with only vegetables and very few meat. 

"Wait for me," she shouted as she ran to catch up. "Make sure you take plenty of meat." 

Dylan shook his head. The girl was amusing. 

It was late when they left the store. The sun had already began to set, leaving hints of purple smudged in the sky. Regina looked at the sky for a few seconds, while Dylan continued walking to the car. She took out her phone and took a quick picture of the sky before continuing to go on her way. 

Dylan would be making steak, boiled vegetables and mashed potatoes for dinner.  

Out of courtesy, Regina had helped him in the kitchen. However, she also thought it was best than being bored in the living room. "Have you gotten any calls from any hospitals?" She asked as she placed the potatoes in boiling water.

Dylan shook his head. "I'm still waiting, but the last hospital I went to said that they'd talk to me if they found someone else or if they wanted me, so I guess that's good." 

Regina nodded. She had wanted to ask her father if he could make some calls, but decided not to. After all, based on the little data she had collected on Dylan, it seemed like he didn't really appreciate that type of help.