-20-

"The desire of the moth for the star,

Of the night for the morrow,

The devotion to something afar

From the sphere of our sorrow?" 

-Percey B. Shelley

Dylan sat at his desk. It was break time, and plenty of his classmates were walking outside and chattering in the classroom. His mind had been wondering for some time. It was his senior year of high school, and he had been bombarded with university application forms and plenty of questions about future careers.

"Hey, what are you doing sitting here like an idiot?" Max asked, kicking the leg of his chair. The chair didn't budge, but Dylan still found it annoying enough to stand up.

He had been sitting for long, and his butt felt numb. 

"Where are we heading?" Dylan asked, his hands in his pockets.

"We have lunch in a few minutes; I think we should look for Joey."

Dylan nodded. He was exhausted and hungry. The boys walked out of the classroom and toward the stairway. Joey had history on the first floor, where he was waiting outside.

"Joey!" Max called. Joey turned from the girl he was talking to and ran up to them, saying something over his shoulder that Dylan couldn't quite comprehend.

"Who's that?" Dylan asked, as they made their way out of the school.

Joey shrugged, and didn't answer. The boys soon found a new topic of conversation. Max and Joey joked as they made their way to the corner store to get some snacks. They often didn't bring any food for the day, so they always ended up having to buy some sort of junk food. That particular day, it was corn dogs. Joey took a big bite of his; cheese falling and staining his uniform.

"Joey," Max whined, pointing at his shirt.

Dylan chuckled.

"Crud, I'm going to have to go home and change." He muttered, as he tried to get the stain out. However, as he moved the tissue, he only made the stain bigger.

Max nodded. After heading out, both boys left for Joey's place to get some new clothes. "You coming?" Max asked Dylan.

Dylan shook his head. "I can't; I promised Jax I would take some snacks for him today."

Max nodded. It was almost time for lunch to be over, so he hurried back to the school. He got there just in time. Jaxon was sitting by the bleachers with some of his friends watching some classmates play basketball.

The fifteen year old smiled, when he saw his brother. He walked down the bleachers with a happy trot.

"Here you go," Dylan said, pulling out his arm to give him the plastic bag. Jaxon smiled, getting closer.

"Thanks," he said, before heading back up the bleachers.

Dylan nodded, before turning. However, just as he turned, his shoulder hit the shoulder of a stranger with long brown hair.

"I'm sorry," they both said in unison, before they both chuckled softly.

"I'm sorry," she said a second time. "I'm Tina," She finally said, pulling out her arm to shake his hand.

Dylan pulled out his own and awkwardly shook her hand.

---

Regina and Dylan drove to the Kendall's house in silence. Regina had not been able to strike a conversation because her nerves were getting the best of her. She had noticed that her emotions and thoughts had started to get the best of her, and it was all because of the wedding.