23

Hello! I am back! 

I hope I get a good response in this chapter. Make Leo happy to get MaNan date in the next chapter.

*****

Nandini was getting ready, and Leo was running behind her wagging his tail and showing his tongue. Nandini scratched her head. "I should have allowed Navya to come. Now I'm not able to match earrings and footwear with my dress."

Leo looked irritated at the floor. "How does it matter, Manik? Wear anything na." Leo huffed and lay down on the floor. Nandini looked at Leo and made a puppy face. She held one pair of earrings in each hand and raised her eyebrows.

Leo looked confused and looked here and there. He saw one pair of earrings lying on the dresser and moved towards it and pointed it. "Are you sure?"

Leo nodded his head and lay on the floor. Nandini chuckled and started placing different sandals in front of him. Leo looked at her with wide eyes. He dishearteningly chose one pair but Nandini shook her head. Leo pointed her paw at another pair and finally, Nandini got happy.

"I was also thinking of choosing this one."

Leo got shocked. "She could have just shown me that pair and asked whether it is looking good or not." Leo cribbed.

"What happened to you? You were happy doing all this." Manik asked Leo.

Leo ignored him and saw Nandini running here and there. 

"Leo, aren't you excited for tonight?" asked Manik.

"No!" Leo replied. Manik got shocked.

"Why? What happened?"

"She is getting ready for you. She is giving you more importance. I am lying here. She didn't even ask me why I am not lying on the bed or do I want something to eat?" Manik understood Leo is jealous but didn't tease him remembering how Leo got offended last time and ran away.

"Also, look at her. Why is she trying to impress you? Obviously, you should be working hard to impress her. She is beyond your standards."

"Hey?" Manik got offended.

"It is true. Huh! I don't understand these humans. We wolves have such an easy concept. You turn 18 and bingo there you find your mate. Here, first, become friends then go on dates and then if somebody asks them 'Is something going on between you two?' then say "No, we are just friends.". Leo mimicked humans making Manik laugh. 

"Now, on the other hand, we wolves meet our mate once we turn 18 then mark each other and mate. Everything is done in one single day. How do humans have so much time to waste?" Leo shook his head and continued watching Nandini getting ready.

*****

Nandini was getting ready when she heard someone ringing her doorbell. "Manik came so early." Nandini went downstairs and Leo followed her.

"Why is he here, Manik?" Leo asked Manik who replied, "I don't know."

Nandini opened the door and found Cabir grinning. "Is he going to audition for a toothpaste ad that he is showing his teeth?" Leo commented making Manik laugh. "As if he would get the role? Look at his yellow teeth." Leo and Manik both snickered.

"What are you doing here, Cabir?" Nandini asked Cabir.

"Hi Nandini, you look beautiful." Nandini smiled and thanked him. Cabir looked at Leo and saw him passing glares at him.

"I came to take Leo." Nandini and Leo got confused.

"Why will you take me? I am not coming with you." Leo mind linked Cabir.