Old friendships

Hey!

I know I am really late. But a lot of things were going on and I seriously didn't want to write at that time.

There were so many assignments and back to back classes.

But 20 October was my birthday and my friends came over and it was the best birthday ever. 

Please give a good response. I really need it so that it motivates me to write next chapter at earliest. Tho I don't think so as my exams are starting in a week but I'll try.

*****

Leo looked at Nandini who was sleeping peacefully. He tried to wiggle out but failed. 

"Mate doesn't want to leave me manik. We'll try tomorrow." 

Manik knew very well that he is trying to escape the situation of confronting abhimanyu didn't budge.

"Leo" He sternly called him

"I am trying. Can't you see?"

Leo tried again and got successful. He looked at Nandini shockingly. "Mate also didn't help me." He half heartedly moved out of the room and went into downstairs room to open the window and jump out.

He found Madhyam patrolling outside and who looked at him curiously.

"Manik don't tell him that we are going to meet abhimanyu."

"Alpha? You outside?"

"Actually I am going to the pack"

"Pack? What happened? Is something wrong? Nobody told me. You don't worry I'll go and check. You stay with luna."

Manik gave a sad smile. "Nothing is wrong. Just missing everyone"

"Ohh! You go and don't worry about here. I'll  inform you if luna wakes up and starts looking for you."

"Thank you for always being there." Leo ran into the jungle and Madhyam frowned in his direction

"Why was he talking like that?" Madhyam shrugged and went to patrol.

"How can he be so selfless?" Leo thought

*****

Leo entered the pack house. It was pitch dark and everyone were sleeping. He went to change and mind linked Cabir to inform him about his arrival.

Cabir ran to his room and hugged him tightly.

"Hey Cabir! Everything will be fine. I am there na."

"He is miserable. It is all our fault."

"Shhh. I'll go and talk to him."

"Do you have courage to talk to him?" 

Manik looked at him and left the room without answering him.

****

Manik entered the cell and guard bowed down.

"Open the cell"

Guards obeyed him. Abhimanyu looked at him and smirked.

He stood up and bowed "Long live Alpha Manik" He mocked and guard growled at him making Abhi chuckle.

"You can leave" Manik ordered the guard who hesitated but then moved away.

"I didn't expect you this early. Was your guilt so less that you came to see me so soon? Or is it that you aren't guilty?"

Manik remained silent.

"The greatest alpha doesn't have anything to say. What about your wolf? Doesn't that impulsive dog has something to say?"