ii. prelude & aesthetics

— SYNOPSIS —

— SYNOPSIS —

Brooklynn Taylor. A girl with high hopes and big dreams to become the next big actress. Everything she's ever known has been carefree and perfect from an outsider's perspective. Perfect social life, perfect grades, perfect family until one appointment changes her entire family dynamic. Avoiding the issue is what Brooklynn wants to do, but some things are unavoidable. She did not know something in her life could've possibly been missing until she is paired up with the infamous playboy and star soccer player, Aidan Brown, for a school project. Not only does he bring something new to her life, but he also helps her tackle the issue she has been dodging for so long.

Soccer. Occasional hookups. And because of his mother's wishes, getting into a high-profile law school. That is what Aidan Brown's life revolves around. His one true love has always been and always will be soccer, but when his mother destroys any hope of him following his dream of becoming USL's next big soccer superstar to carry on her legacy, Aidan is stuck on what to do. Something—more like someone—stumbles into his life unexpectedly, he realises he should chase after what he wants. In all aspects of life.

— EPIGRAPH —

"souls tend to go back
to who feels like home"

— SERIES —

Something Gained (Brooklynn and Aidan's Book)
Into the Stars (Malachi's Book)
Electric Love (Tyson's Book)
Before Us (Holden's Book)

note: each book in this series can be read as a standalone but each is interconnected and are recommended to be read in order to prevent spoilers.

— TIMELINE —

started: 19 August 2021
finished: 12 February 2022

— DEDICATION —

to those who have suffered through the evil demise that is cancer.

to my auntie, who despite losing her battle to a tough journey through cancer years ago, will continue to be an inspiration to me and others.

and to the people that feel they can't be loved even in times they need it most.

this one is for you guys.

— PLAYLIST —

S&M | RIHANNA
"love is great,
love is fine"