Chapter 7: Blood Rivers

Kailey's POV

"Where's Meg?" I wondered out loud.

I have been waiting up for her since she left. It was 8:50. Curfew was in a few minutes. I decided to go ask Stella if she asked to come back to the dorm later than normal.

I grabbed my iPhone 5s and pushed it into my back pocket. As I walked out the door our neighbour, Kelly, was leaving. Kelly is a senior.... Lucky her!

"Hey Kelly" I said waving.

"Kailey its been a while" she exclaimed

"Are you going to the stables?" I asked her noticing her riding attire. "It's almost curfew!"

"Aren't you going too?" Kelly asked me

"No...?" It sounded like a question.

"Didn't Mr. Davis email you?" she asked beginning to walk towards the stairs.

I followed. Now why the fuck would he email me?

"Not that I know of. I'll check." I unlocked my phone and tapped the mail icon. I had 1 new email. I opened it and read it.

Dear intermediate and advanced riders in all grades,

We have a rider and a horse missing. I have had a call from the rider. Her horse is dead and the rider is badly injured. I would like all of you to meet me in outdoor arena 2, at 9pm sharp with you horses.

Mr. Davis

"OH. MY. GOD!!!!!" I shrieked. "Can you wait a minute?" I asked Kelly.

She nodded. I ran back into my room and grabbed the first pair I breeches I could see. They were Meghan's. Thank god we were the same size.

I ran out the door dragging Kelly along with me.

We made it to the stable in record time.

I turned left down the isle and Kelly went right. As I got to Mr. Davis's office I flung open the door. He had maps laying out and a pile of compasses and other maps. Probably for the riders.

He looked up at me.

"Kail.." he started.

"Is it Meghan!?" I asked holding back a sob. I was almost positive the answer would be yes.

He looked down sadly then replied "Yes."

"No..." I cried dropping to my knees.

Mr. Davis quickly got up and walked over to me. He helped me up into a chair and handed me some Kleenex.

I tried and failed miserably at trying to stop crying.

"Kailey, you need to be strong the sooner all horses and riders are ready we are going out to search for her. She need you to be strong and help find her." Mr. Davis said after a minute. My crying stopped and I looked at him.

"Okay. Ill be strong and find her. I need to go get Sky ready." I walked to the door "thank you" i said then I turned around and left.

3 minutes later me and about 50-60 other riders we in the outdoor arena.

Mr. Davis rode out of the stable on a horse he's been training. He was a grullo named ,Turkey sandwich. I know what a great name. The owners daughter named him that!!😂

He stopped in front of everyone.

Nat, Chrissy, Maya, Georgia and Sunie were lined up beside me. They still didn't know that it was Meg.