Chapter 1: Welcome To...

MEGHAN^^

Chapter 1:Welcome to...

I settle in the saddle waiting for the bell to ring 'and now riding for Redbridge Academy is Meghan Stark on Midnight Star *ding* and she's off clears the first jump perfectly. Three,Two ,One, Now. 4 jumps left. No faults so far. 2 jumps left still no faults. Now for the last jump perfect take off and she lands it *applause* that was our last competitor now in third place is Ty Martin on Wild Berry. Second is Melony Chester on Love Me Forever and first is...

"Meg. Meghan."

" Wha. What?!?!" I snapped out of my daydream

"Are you gonna sit there all day or get Star out of the trailer" My mom said opening my door.

I got out of the truck and backed my gorgeous 16.2 h black Morab Hanoverian and Friesian cross mare out of the trailer. I rubbed her star and led her over to my mom. I twirled my dirty blonde hair my nervous habit and talked to Star

"This is it girl we are at Redbridge Academy Now."

"Let's take her to the stable she must be happy to be out of the trailer."

We followed the signs pointing to the stable. Along the way we could hear people whispering. 'Look at that horse it must have cost a fourtune.' and 'wow they look like sisters' an some 'look at that chick she must be new'. We walked down the isle and found her stall. It was a milk chocolate brown colour and had a beautiful silvery gold nameplate that said...

Midnight Star

(aka: Star)

Owner: Meghan Stark

I opened the stall door and led Star in. Her stall was HUGE and looked brand new. I took off Star's baby blue halter, gave her a pat then left the stall. By the time I turned around to look back at her, she had hay sticking out of her mouth.

"Silly girl" I laughed

"Bye Star" my mom said

We walked out of the stable and back to the parking lot. Lots of people were staring and whispering but I didn't seem to notice I was still in awe thinking 'Ohmigod I'm really at Redbridge Academy.

I didn't have anything else in the trailer I needed because mom brought in my saddle, bridle ,grooming kit and other stuff and put it in the tack room.

"We better get your clothes and stuff to your dorm." We came earlier in the week and brought my desk, dresser, night table and bookshelves

We grabbed my bags and stuff from the car and headed to my dorm. Over the door was a sign that said "Allah" (that is the dorm name) and walked in the glass double doors. When we walked in a petite girl with a short brown bob came up and greeted us

" Hi welcome to Redbridge Academy my name is Stella and I will be your dorm monitor this year." She smiled

"I'm Meghan Stark and this is my mom Julia Stark." I smiled pointing towards my mom. Mom shook Stella's hand before Stella turned around and walked back up to her desk to grab a clipboard. She looked through some pages.

"Ahhh here you are room 245" she walked up to a filing cabinet and pulled out some keys and handed them to me.

"These are the keys to your room. Follow me" she led us up to the third floor and I unlocked the door. We walked in the room. It was humongous

It had a mini kitchen a fairly big bathroom. Who am I kidding a BIG bathroom and a living room which led off to two other rooms.

"Wow this is just... Wow"