Baby Maddie

"Will, Halt, Gilan, thank you for coming! We have to go to the Celtica for the day to sign the treaty, and after the incident with Dimon, I still don't trust the guards."

"No problem, Cassandra," Gilan said.

"Alright, here's her timetable." Cassandra laid down a written timetable.

Maddie's Timetable: 

Ninth hour: Breakfast

Tenth hour: Change nappy, playtime (she likes to play peek-a-boo/hide and seek, she's a bit good at it.)

Twelfth hour: Lunch

We should be home by then.

Will nodded his thanks. He kept the parchment on a table and the rangers said goodbye to Cassandra and Horace.

They went to bed and got ready for the next day.

---

That night, Maddie woke up and cried. The rangers, whose ears were used to listen for things at night, quickly ran to her room next to theirs. They came to her and Will stroked Maddie's head comfortingly. Gilan whispered "Shhhh. It's okay, Maddie, it's okay." Maddie refused to stop crying.

Halt glared at Maddie and muttered, "Shut up. Maddie, shut up." 

She shut up.

Gilan and Will looked at him in surprise. They hadn't expected that to work. Now that she was quiet, Will and Gilan left, leaving Halt behind alone with Maddie. Halt lost his tough demeanour and went over to her, carrying her up and rocking her in his hands. Maddie giggled and touched Halt's nose. 

"Boo Boo Baga Baga Beeee! Haaaaaa..."

"Yes, that's right. Now, go to bed."

He laid her down went she fell asleep and walked quietly back to his room.

---

"Good morning, Princess Madelyn! Time to wakey wakey!"

Gilan and Will were outside, as Maddie tended to listen to Halt (or the use of command in his voice) and they didn't dare do that to her.

Maddie woke up and yawned loudly. "Haaa...gabba gaboo!"

"Gabba gaboo to you too, my little baby princess." He carried her out of her bed and sat her down on the floor. He helped her stand up and walked her toward the door.

Gilan and Will went down to Maddie, but she ignored them and went to Halt. She fell down and started to cry. Halt lifted her up and carried her to their breakfast table. 

---

"Eat, Maddie! Eat!" Will and Gilan were trying to forcibly open her mouth while forcing the food into it. After finally succeeding to get the food in her mouth, she glared at Gilan and spat it out at his face. 

"Oh! You're a naughty one, Maddie." Gilan wiped the food off his face. He glared balefully at Halt who was sitting, eating his breakfast happily. "Thanks for helping."

"You're welcome." Halt replied, smirking, but got up to sit next to Maddie. Will and Gilan gladly moved away from the young troublemaker.

"Open mouth, Maddie! Clop clop! This is a horse, and the horsey wants to go into the cave! Open mouth so that the horsey can go in the cave! Om nom nom nom!" Will and Gilan had to smother their laughter at seeing Halt like this, but quickly shut up when Halt glared at them and when Maddie gladly opened her mouth wide, and swallowed it, giggling at Halt. Halt grinned back at her and sat up. "Well, you guys can do it yourself since you find my feeding her so amusing."