The assignment

Jack just told me he had been given an assignment at fort clay and was leaving again just two days after our blissful wedding. Our loving marriage. I was not impressed, But I understood. Serving the community was his calling, and I would never change that.

Later that night, 3 days before he was due to leave, he caught me by suprise. That very same night, I unknowingly fell pregnant. I fell asleep in his arms, feeling safe and protected by his muscled tones. How did I get so lucky! I rolled over to glimpse at my husband sleeping. He looked peaceful while he was sleeping.

It gave him a break from all the chaos his job brings to him. He has nearly died multiple times, and luckily I've been there to save him. But more than once he has saved my life. Let me take you back to one of these times. This specific story, happened about 4 years ago. Anyway, Here it is. Jack and I had been arguing, about how we come from two different worlds, as I came from Hamilton, a rather luxurious city and he has been a country boy his entire life. It was in the middle of a storm, When I decided to put an end to our quarrel. I left him a note in the jailhouse asking to talk and sort things out together rather than arguing, And whilst doing so, I left the jailhouse door open. His dog Rip, is scared of thunder. Jack came up to me asking if I'd seen Rip and I replied saying I saw him in the jailhouse earlier. He questioned my reason for being in there and then I realised I'd let Rip out by leaving the door open. Jack said Rip would be in the mine as that is where he was last time so I went traipsing off to the mine by myself. Atleast I thought it was by myself. I arrived at the mine with Jack and we started looking for Rip. I picked the wrong path, and a wooden post about three times the size of me collapsed, nearly on top of me. But Jack pulled me out of dangers way just in time, saving both of our lives. But now he was leaving me for two months! And postage was terrible so I would just have to wait for him to return again. I was not a very paitent woman.

One and a half months later.