The pregnancy announcement

The weekend had approached. Rosemary and Lee's rooster crowed once again but this time, it wasn't the damn rooster ruining my beauty sleep. It was Jack, Who woke me up. He was giving me soft neck kisses and gentle back rubs to wake me up. I hadn't found the courage to tell him I am pregnant yet. I was probably 7 weeks along by now. I needed to make up my mind about when to tell him. "Morning Lizzie" He whispered as I had just opened my eyes "Morning" Whilst I yawned through my words. "Are you hungry Sweetheart?" "No Jack, I would rather stay in bed with you, but thank you" he went back to giving me back rubs. "Jack , I need to tell you something" I told him aruptedly breaking the silence. "What is it sweetheart?" " it is very important". "Ok well what is it Lizzie " He asked half laughing "I'm... nevermind." "Elizabeth?" I could tell he was concerned.
"It's nothing don't worry about it" "Something's wrong, What is it?" " I'll tell you later tonight, Meet me at Abigail's" "Alright baby" " Are you sure your ok though?" "Yes Jack I promise you I'm fine." Jack climbs out of bed taking me with him. He gets dressed and tells me he is off to do his Morning rounds. Not long after he leaves the house, I hear the door open again while I'm preparing breakfast. "Honey! It is frigging freezing outside!" I laugh and hurry over to him. "Okay, give me your jacket and can you please look after the bacon for me while I deal with this?" He nods and he hurries towards the bacon scent. I move towards the fireplace and hold his jacket up to the fire. It quickly heats up his uniform. I take the hot jacket back to Jack and wrap it around him like a cloak, and holding him close. We sway to the music of the Victrola. "The bacon has burnt!" Both of us exclaim at the same time. I swiftly turn the stove off and chuck out the remainder of the burnt mess in the garden. "I'm just going to go to Abigail's." I say giving up. Jack just laughs at me and pulls me closer.

The rest of the day passes by as I remain cuddled up with Jack by the fire talking about the near future.

Time creeps up on us and it is now time to eat dinner. I go find the dress Jack absolutely favours on me and he gets dressed in his finest tux. Halfway through our meal, I grab his hand and tell him I'm about to share my massive news. "Well...?" He questions. I take a deep, deep breath in and swallow. " The big news I have to share with you is..... that night, 3 days before you left for your posting..... I became... Well, I'm..." Stutters kept coming through my mouth. " Pregnant!?" Jack asks suspiciously. "Well yes!" Isn't it exciting!" "OMG I'M GOING TO BE A DAD! TO A LITTLE BOY OR GIRL! OMG I CAN'T WAIT!" We are getting stares from everybody now. Jack and I just realised, What was just shared amongst the crowd, as it breaks into applause and cheers. " happy 2 month anniversary Honey!" I cried. He grabbed my waist , and kissed my belly. Then me. My fears about parenthood faded away as I held onto Jack dearly. 

As the next few weeks past, Jack and I worked on building our baby a crib. It was the most marvelous project to do with him all the kisses and dreams, of getting woken by the baby.

But Jack had been building us a house, So we could move out of my Row house. He was nearly finished it too, He was just building the porch that would face east, so we could watch the sunset as a family.

Currently, I was frying pork and beans for our dinner. Jack came through the door , hung up his  hat , and came to kiss my cheek. "The house is finished! We just need to move into it" "Oh Jack! That's amazing Come, sit and we'll talk about it." I said, dishing up the plates, and setting them down on the table.