chapter 21

Wendy woke up wrapped in blankets, Hook pressed up against her, still sleeping. She smiled at her husband, and then suddenly stopped. There was sun coming into the cave, and she inhaled horrified, it was morning!

She sat up quickly, knocking Hook over, causing him to wake up cursing.

"Blasted woman, what are you doing?"

"Oh no," she said picking up her still wet clothes, and in a sarcastically distressed voice said, "Perfect."

"I think so," he said grinning at her as she looked up at him and realized she wasn't dressed.

"Oh!" she huffed and pulled a blanket around her.

He rolled his eyes and pulled the blanket off of her, "You're my wife," he stated simply.

She glared at him and rushed to put on her clothes, but they still clung to her as if she wore nothing at all.

"What do you think you're doing?" he said amused as she tried to wring the water out of the bottom of her dress.

"Its morning," she said as an explanation, and seeing that the water wasn't going to come out as easily as she had hoped for, climbed in the water, and submerged herself, thinking that if she was entirely wet it would be easier to make an excuse and say she fell in the water.

"Morning," he repeated, then looking out the mouth of the cave, his eyes widened, "Morning!"

"Exactly," she sputtered, and began to climb out, but Hook reached out and pulled her up, "The boys are going to ask questions."

"Dammit," he said as his opening for the other curses he began to utter.

When dressed, he took her hand and pulled her out of the cave, running to make it to the tree houses before Peter woke up.

"He'll find us," Hook said angrily, and then turned to Wendy, "act like I'm kidnapping you."

"What?"

"For God's sake scream!"

He pulled on her arm violently, and she complied.

Suddenly Peter appeared out of the trees and began to circle the island, and seeing Wendy struggling as she was, called for the lost boys, and dove to the scene.

"Foolish Hook!" Peter laughed, "Let go of our mother."

Hook looked so menacing Wendy almost forgot it was all an act.

"You shouldn't let your Wendy bird loose Pan, remember last time you allowed such a thing to happen? Then you lost all those boys of yours to adulthood, and your little mother. She is such an adult now Pan, how can you stand it?"

Peter frowned, "Let her go."

The boys echoed his commands, and the new Tinkerbell flew around in circles chiming along.

"As you wish Pan," Hook said in a threatening voice, and then giving Wendy's hand a quick squeeze that only she knew about, dropped her hand.

Wendy's eyes did not leave his back as he walked away, glancing over his shoulder just once, but showing the lack of control he really had. The other boys began to cheer loudly, some of them rushing to her skirts and commenting on her wet clothes.