Chapter 25

It had been three weeks since Wendy had found out that she was expecting a child. Throughout these three weeks she had sworn up and down she was married, she couldn't marry Charles, James would be back he had to be! 

"He's not here," John said sadly, "Wendy, there is no such a person!" 

"But you meet him when we were just children!" "Wendy!" John snapped " We aren't children anymore. Whoever you where with wasn't Captain Hook, and you need to stop." Michael however nodded," He's a pirate Wendy, and he's not coming back." When she found out she knew her time was up. She reluctantly agreed to marry Charles within the week, trying to give Hook one last chance. But sadly her doubt was over bearing among hope. The night before her wedding she felt as if she was going to be ripped apart, and of course Mrs. Darling noticed. " Wendy, do you want me to tell you what happens on a wedding night?" " I already know mother," she snapped " Could you just leave me alone? I don't want this weeding, just leave me alone!" She stalked off to her room, feeling childish, but stubborn. Her father tried to stop her, but she pushed past him muttering, "Just let me be."

She closed her door and rested her head against it, her eyes heavy, feeling nauseous. She couldn't do it, she couldn't do it. But she had to, the baby. The baby the fairies had mentioned, but she had ignored. Fairies apparently could know ahead of time.

"Wendy."

Ice slapped her, and she spun around, her eyes wide. 

"James!" she flew at him, flinging her arms around his neck, kissing his cheeks. Then forcefully she pulled away and slapped him, "Where the bloody hell have you been?"

 His eyes were blank when he answered, "How about, how could you marry someone else?" She straightened her shoulders, "I didn't have a choice." 

"You left with Pan and now you plan to marry someone else, and you say you don't have a choice?" his voice raised and she hushed him.

 "I'm not explaining myself to you."

 "You are my wife," he said, it was quickly becoming a type of catch phrase for him, "I could walk out right now and show them who you really are." 

"You think I haven't told them? Well I tried, but you never showed up, nobody believed me." "Why would you agree to a bigamous marriage then? Why?"

 It was as if the answer finally showed up, her face turned pale and her eyes glossy, then she raced to the closest thing she could reach, which was a vase, and threw up. Morning sickness happens whenever it pleases she thought bitterly. She groaned and in a strangled voice said, "Excuse me a moment." She went into the washroom and Hook heard water splash, and waited as patiently as he could manage.

She returned looking embarrassed, "Sorry." "Are you ill?" "That doesn't matter right now," she sighed, "Just speed this up. Go back to Neverland where you belong." "It's where you belong as well Wendy." 

"No," she shook her head, her arms crossed over her chest, "Not anymore." "Why are you doing this?" Hook said trying to contain his anger, "I had to get fairy dust, I had to let my men rest, I couldn't do everything Wendy, I went as fast as time allowed!" 

"That's not the point!" she cried and then gave a nervous glance at the door. "Then what is? Tell me! I don't deserve this." She gave a shaky sigh, and closed her eyes, "I'm... going to have a baby." Hook ran his hand through his hair and exhaled. 

"I couldn't... my family didn't believe..." "Fine," he snapped, and then pulled her against his chest, "We can handle this. I'll take you back, and it'll be fine, I'm here now." "I can't go back. I don't age there, how can I possibly have a baby?" "We can take the chance..." "I'm not going to stay pregnant for the rest of my life!"