Full Kook

" That bread had mold on it three days ago, my love." Ariella spoke as she walked by the kitchen.

" I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism." Ari rolled her eyes at JJ's statement.

" Just get your ass over here, bubba." Ari called walking next to John B. He followed.

" Let's do it." JJ said taking a bite of his sandwich as John B opened the package. Ari momentarily looks up from John B to JJ to see him gag after he took a bite. She gave him a I told you so look as he went to spit it out. She then looked back to John B who now laid down a map in front of them.

" Holy shit." John B and Ari said together looking over the familiar map.

" Oh. X marks the spot." Pope pointed to the X on the map.

" Longitude, Latitude." John B traced his fingers over the map.

" Wait there's something else in here JB." Ari took the open package and pulled out a tape recorder passing it to John B. They shared a look before looking the tape recorder over again.

" What's that?" JJ asked not recognizing what he was looking at.

" It's a tape recorder, dumbass." Kie responded to him. John B looked to Ari silently asking her if he should play it. She nodded with a slight smile. He looked back and turned it on.

Dear Bird and Cinderella,

" Who's bird and cinderella?" JJ asked confused.

" That's what my dad called me and Ari. She was basically his second kid." John B told him.

I hate to say ' I told you so,' but I told you so.
And you both doubted me. Well more John B. I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight.

Ari was there when John B and Big John had fought. She didn't want to get in the middle of it so she went into her little room she had there and minded her business until John B brought her into it.

But don't kill yourselves just yet, kids. I didn't expect to find the Merchant either.

John B and Ari shared a look of disbelief. So did the 3 behind them. Ari's eyes were watery from hearing the comforting voice of her true father figure.

You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly Father of the Decade.

John B scoffed at the statement sadly. Ari looked over to him and intertwined their hands knowing they both needed this comfort. Big John was now talking to John B.

What can I say, kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully, we're listenin' to this in our brand new sugar-shack down in Costa Rica, livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you found this for less than optional reasons, well, that's what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If something happens to me, you and Ri have to finish what I started. Go for the gold, kids. I love you Bird, even if I didn't always act like it. I love you,Cinderella. Take care of my boy. God knows how much you guys need each other. I'll see you in the other side.

Static crackles in the tape meaning it was over. John B clicked the recorder off. He let go of Ari's hand standing up and moving away from the group.

Ari didn't know she had tears running down her face until they hit her hand. Ari turned to see John B sobbing leaning against the door way.

" Holy shit, he did it!" Ari ignored JJ's voice and ran over to John B pulling him into a hug. He put his head into her neck and continued to cry. Ari did the same but her cries were quite. They always were.