𝗕𝗮𝗱

Ariella saw her life flash before her eyes. It's crazy fast your life can be taken from you at any moment. In such little timing, there was only so little time to do anything to save both her and Pope.

As the Pogues around them let out screams, JJ grabbed a hold of his pregnant girlfriend, dragging her back as she held onto Pope, who moved with them. Pope rolled onto his side, half his body on top of Ari and his hands over his head protectively as the cross came crashing down at the spot both her and Pope just were only seconds ago.

JJ grabs Ari, moving her hair out of her face as he cups her cheeks, checking her over. "Are you okay? Is the baby—."

"We're fine." Ari assures, her voice shaky. She moves out of JJ's grip and turns to Pope who was on her lap. She turns him onto his back, checking him over the same way JJ did her.

John B and JJ join her side, looking over their best friend nervously. Pope stays in her lap, using her comfort and stability to relax himself and breathe. "Yeah, I'm good. Just-Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath."

John B stands as soon as he knows Pope is okay. JJ gives Ari a look and with a nod from her, he stands as well, following John B. Ari stays with Pope, comforting him. She didn't want to leave his side. So much just happened to him and anything could still go wrong.

"Pope, you did it." John B gapes at the large golden cross.

JJ moves towards it and touches it ever so gently. "Pope, she's...she's beautiful."

Ariella raises her eyebrows and it was like JJ knew. He turns to her and quickly adds. "Not as beautiful as you though. Never."

"Doesn't sound very convincing." Kiara teases, still in disbelief at the sight of the cross.

Ariella rolls her eyes playfully, looking at the cross herself. It certainly was stunning and she's never seen anything like it before. She glances down at Pope, who was slowly sitting up. "It's everything we've imagined, Pope."

Pope gives her his best smile and they look over to John B, who was running his fingers over a small keyhole in the cross. "Well, here's why Limbrey wanted that key so bad."

Ari stands up, helping Pope up and steadying him as they listen to JJ, who was admiring the gorgeous cross. He couldn't took his eyes off it, he had to admire every detail. They all did. "Good find. How much do you think she's worth? Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking high billions."

"This belongs in a—." John B is cut off by JJ's rambling. John B slaps his arm. "This belongs in a museum."

"What? So no one sees her?" JJ exclaims.

Ariella would've went to break the boys up coming argument, but her eyes now caught sight of Pope's now overly swollen eyes, then his cheeks. This was from the wasps. Her heart started to thump as she carefully took his face into her hands, Pope could see the worry in her eyes. "Pope—."

"I'm fine." Pope tells her before she could say anything. He didn't want to ruin this moment. He stands straight and looks between his two friends, now breaking up their argument. "Hey! It's my ancestors' cross!"

"Right, okay. All right, all right. Well..." JJ trails off, thinking of what to do next.

"This is bigger than money, and the world's gotta know the truth." Pope's eyes stay to the ground, not wanting his friends to see his face. Ariella was worrying enough already for them all.

"Pope, just let me—." Ariella tries to turn his face to her, but Pope grabs her hands, keeping them in his.

"Ari, I'm okay." Pope lets out a shaky breath. His tone and eyes not being able to convince her at all. She knew him too well. "I swear."