For Good

The two siblings pull away and John B looks at the group with a smile.

"I'll believe that for now." Kie smiled back at him, taking John B into a very relieve hug.

"It wasn't easy bro." JJ spoke up as him and John B shared a hug. "But I got the phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday. You ready to go?" JJ asks as he dangles the keys from his hand.

John B finished up dabbing up Pope before looking at the four of them. "Where's Sarah?" He was starting to panic when he couldn't see the girl.

"She should have been with you! Is she not?" Ari questions. Despite everything she was starting to truly care about her sister again and she was getting worried

"No, no. We go separated in the swap. She said she'd meet me here." John B explains as he grips the railing of the boat tightly.

"Nah man. We haven't seen her." Pope answers. He knew that thing could probably stop him from going. And they really needed him to leave OBX.

"Okay, well, I'm not leaving without her." John B says sternly.

Ari sighs and walks to the boy wrapping her arms around him, letting her head rest of his shoulder. "She would want you to go, JB."

John B softened in her touch. He knew he had to go despite wanting to stay a little longer and wait for Sarah.

"Bird, look at me." Ari takes the boys face in her hands and makes him look at her. "I know how much you don't want to leave without my sister, but you have to. Time is running out and we can't have you get caught. She would want you to leave because she knows that's what's best."

"John man, she's right. You've got plenty of gas, you got plenty of food. Once you get around that point it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swap, okay? Once you get there lay low, alright? Hang out for a couple of weeks, and then go over land, across the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville." JJ tried to lush John B who still kept his eyes on Ari.

"Hey, JB, you got that?" Ari spoke softly.

John B nods slowly and sighs. "Yeah, yeah. Brownsville."

"Alright, saddle her up, saltwater boy. Let's do this." JJ cheered.

Ari gave John B one last big hug trying to hold in her tears. "I love you, Birdie, so much. Thank you for everything and stay safe."

"I love you more, Cinderella. I promise to stay safe. Take care of the Château for me and you, okay." Ari nods and kisses John B's cheek before allowing him to get on the boat.

"Hey! I'm sorry for basically throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing." John B said as a tear fell down his face.

JJ slung an arm around Ari's waist and pulled the girl closer to him, placing a kiss on her head. She was the only thing stopping John B from leaving.

"Hey, John B, we were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?" JJ says sadly as tears well up in his eyes, Kie and Pope also. Ari was quite lucky sobbing into JJ's chest. "At least we did it together."

With his free arm JJ pulled Pope in with his arm hooked around his neck. Ariella reached for Kie's hand intertwining their fingers.

"Pogue style."

"Pogue style." John B nods. "Take care of Ella for me J."

"Of course, man. Always." JJ promises.

Ari felt tears run down her face. It was just now hitting her that her brother had to leave...no flee. They shouldn't have to go through this. She wished she was able to tell the truth and the cop would actually believe her.