Coronation part 2

Regina's point of view:

It wasn't Mal who took the wand, as I predicted. It was Jane! Fairy Godmother was horrified. "Child! What are you doing?" she asked her daughter. "If you can't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane yelled. She then spun around with the wand in her hands, but I could tell that it was too much for her to control. At one point, some magic shot out of the wand and out the window. I ran straight for her, but Mal beat me to it, and started fighting with Jane for the wand.

"Careful Mal!" Queen Belle warned. Mal got the wand out of Jane's grasp and held it up in the air. Everyone looked on in shock and fear, as I carefully approached her. "Mal," I said calmly. "Give me the wand." "Stay back!" Mal yelled, making me jump backwards. "Mal, it's okay. Give Regina the wand," Ben ordered gently. "I said stay back!" Mal yelled again. "I told you so!" Audrey yelled, making Mal point the wand at her.

"Audrey, I've told you once before to leave Mal alone. Now, I'm going to have to say it again?!" I yelled angrily as Audrey's parents glared at her. By that point, the other VK's came over and stood behind Mal, except for Grayson, who stood by my side. "Let's go!" Evie said. "Revenge time," Jay added.

"Guys, do you really want to do this? Even after everything that's happened for you?" I asked in a hurt tone. "We have no choice, Regina. Our parents..." Mal began. "Your parents made their choice. Now it's time to make yours', " interrupted Ben. "Ben's right, Mal. Remember what I said the other day? Is this what you really want, or what your parents want? I know you're doing this to make them proud, but they're forcing you to do something that you know isn't right. Now that you're in Auradon, you're free from your parents' chains. You're free to make your own decisions. Are you really just like your mother? Are you really evil? Does this really make you happy?" I asked.

Mal paused for a moment to gather her thoughts. She then looked at Ben and I with tearful eyes. "I...I think I want to be good," she said. "You are good," Ben replied. I nodded in agreement. "How do you know that?" Mal cried. "Because...because I'm listening to my heart," Ben replied. "So am I," I added. Mal took a deep breath and looked at us, then at Ben's parents and mine. "I'm listening to my heart too," she said, before turning to face the group.

"And my heart is telling me that we aren't our parents." Mal looked at Jay. "Stealing doesn't make you happy. Victory pizza with the team makes you happy," she told him. Jay smiled as members of the team shouted his name. Mal then turned to Carlos and said... "Carlos, scratching Dude's belly makes you happy. Who would have thought?" Carlos smiled as Mal turned to Evie. "E, you don't have to play dumb to get a guy. You're so smart," she said as Evie looked down, blushing. Mal then turned to Grayson.

"We already know what makes you happy, Grayson. Getting the magic in Regina's hair doesn't make you happy. Regina makes you very happy," she said. Grayson nodded and hugged me close. "I don't wanna take over the world. It doesn't make me happy. I wanna stay here. Go to school, and be with Ben. Ben makes me really happy," Mal said, before continuing. "Us being friends makes me happy. Being friends with Regina makes me happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." 

Mal stuck out her fist, waiting as if she wanted us to do the same thing, and we did. Grayson put his hand in. Then Evie, then Jay, and even Ben and I did. However, Carlos looked a bit uneasy. "Just to be clear. Do we have to worry about our parents?" he asked. "They're going to be really mad at us." "Your parents can't reach you here," Ben assured him. "Okay," Carlos replied, feeling relieved. He put his hand in the circle, and everyone cheered for us. Our moment was short-lived, however, when a window broke, and a trail of green smoke came in. When it landed on the ground...