Dogs and charming snakes

I'm writing this chapter with a heavy heart. I just like a lot of you found out that Carlos' actor Cameron Boyce, is gone. He was one of my favorite characters in the movie. I'm gonna keep writing this story in memory of him.

Out on the field, Ben was coaching Carlos. Goldie was hiding under the bleachers. She's a very sweet dog, but like Regina, can be a little wary when it comes to new people. She hides and watches to see if Regina or someone else she trusts, has a positive interaction or a negative interaction with the new person. She could see that from watching Carlos, that he was a good person.

"Alright Carlos. We're gonna do some sprints," Ben said to Carlos, holding a stopwatch. Carlos was in position. As Ben pushed the start button on his stopwatch, Carlos started running. However, he was running from something in fear: Dude, the campus mutt. "Sweet!" Ben cried as he stopped time, but he didn't pay attention to Carlos. He saw that Carlos was gone, and started running after him and Dude. Goldie ran too, and they followed them to the nearby woods.

Carlos screamed and climbed a tree, while Dude stood on a rock below. "No-no!" he cried. "Carlos!" Ben yelled. "Ben? Ben?" Carlos called. "Woah-woah-woah," Ben said as he came up and saw what he saw. Goldie came up and barked softly at Dude. Dude whimpered and got down off the rock. "Ben, help me! Those things are killers! They're gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. These are vicious, rabid pack-animals!" Carlos shouted.

"Hey, who told you that?" Ben asked. "My mother," replied Carlos. "Cruella?" asked Ben. "She's a dog expert, a dog yeller," Carlos replied sheepishly. Ben chuckled, holding Dude and Goldie stood by his side. "Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" screamed Carlos, holding the tree tighter. "Carlos, you never actually met a dog, have you?" asked Ben. "Course not," Carlos replied.

"Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is Dude. He's the campus mutt. This is Regina's dog, Goldie. She's very sweet," said Ben. "He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack-animal," Carlos admitted as he slowly climbed back to the ground. "Geez. You're a good boy, aren't you?" he asked, looking at Dude. Dude whimpered and Goldie took a step closer. Ben handed Dude to Carlos, and Goldie stood beside them. "Yeah. You're a good boy." "I guess you have it pretty rough on the island," Ben said sympathetically.

"Yeah. I guess you could say we don't get a lot of belly rubs," sighed Carlos. "Good boy," Ben said, making Carlos look up at him, confused. "I-I mean. You're a fast runner. They could use someone like you on the team," Ben replied. He then left to let Carlos, Dude and Goldie get acquainted. Dude licked Carlos's hand and Goldie put her head in his lap, and he pet her head.

A little while later, Chad lead Evie to a spot under the bleachers. Regina had warned Evie about Chad's charm, but once again, Chad's charming looks made Regina's warning disappear from Evie's head. "Is everybody at home as pretty as you?" Chad asked. Evie smiled bashfully and replied, "I like to think I'm the fairest of them all. How many rooms are in your castle?" "Too many to count," replied Chad. Evie stepped closer to kiss him, but he stopped her.

"You really nailed that chemistry problem today. You're gonna have all the nerds in love with you," he said. "I'm not that smart," sighed Evie. "Oh, come on," protested Chad. "No really, I'm not. But I'm...really good at sewing, cooking and cleaning. You know, like your mother Cinderella, without the ratty dress. See this? If I ask where something is, it tells me," said Evie, pulling her magic mirror from her purse.

"Are you kidding me?" Chad asked, amazed. "No," replied Evie. Chad took it from her and asked, "Where's my cellphone?" However, nothing happened. "It won't work for you, silly," Evie giggled, putting it back into her purse. "No biggie. My father will just get me a new one." "Your parents are Prince Charming and Cinderella, right?" Evie asked. "Yeah," Chad replied.

"Hey, I heard Fairy Godmother's wand is kept in a museum. Do they always leave it there?" Evie asked. Chad leaned in to kiss Evie, but he turned away. "I'd really like to talk, but I'm just swapped. Unless..." h began. "Unless?" Evie asked hopefully. "If you could knock all of my homework out, along with yours, then maybe we could hang out together sometime," Chad replied, handing Evie his school bag. "Okay," said Evie, with a big smile on her face. "Thanks babe," Chad replied, walking away. "Bye," said Evie.

Just then, Doug peeked through a space in the bleachers. "I couldn't help but overhear.." he began. "Are you stalking me?" Evie asked, annoyed. "Technically...yes. I too, have a fascination with Fairy Godmother's magic wand. Which is another reason I look forward to the coronation. Perhaps we could sit next to each other and discuss its attributes," said Doug, going down until he stood in front of her. "Wait. Are you saying that they use it in the coronation?" Evie asked, surprised. "

Oh boy. Regina warned Evie about this. How do you think she's going to react when she finds out that Evie is indeed doing Chad's homework, against her warning?